Today and my dad

Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today and my dad

My father is also an A and the only relationship we have is he comes over and helps things around the house.. That is about it.

Generally he doesnt drink while here because he knows my feelings about it but by the time I got home he was a bit tipsy. I spoke up and said I am not comfortable about that. He got upset and of scourse played it off like he didnt have that much.

Why I write about this is that is brought me right back to the place with my STXAH..It reminded me what kind of life I had and would still be living in had I not asked him to leave. It made me so nervous..

I am so happy with my decision for filing divorce and really I dont have any doubts. Todays lesson is my affirmation of how much happier I am. I miss him at times and have to come to terms with the feelings of his rejection to me but after I do that I know I will have a much better life!!

Hugs
Lulu
Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Looking at your dad's drinking as affirming, that leaving your AH is the right thing for you, is a good thing for you right now.
Knowing that all doubt is removed, strengthens you and cuts out those times of worry about whether I should or should not have done......whatever.

How is that foot you hurt? Hope you are able to do more than hop around now.
Take care of yourself, and it is only a few days and "someone' gets served with those papers.

God bless
Old 04-23-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I spoke up and said I am not comfortable about that. He got upset and of scourse played it off like he didnt have that much.
Lulu,
I give you major props for saying something to your dad!
I never said anything to my dad, nothing at all.
Wow!
Beth
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post
Looking at your dad's drinking as affirming, that leaving your AH is the right thing for you, is a good thing for you right now.
Knowing that all doubt is removed, strengthens you and cuts out those times of worry about whether I should or should not have done......whatever.

How is that foot you hurt? Hope you are able to do more than hop around now.
Take care of yourself, and it is only a few days and "someone' gets served with those papers.

God bless
Thanks Jadmack...The bruising is mostly gone and I can walk but still cant put sneakers on to go running. Guess it will take a while to heal..

He wont get then till maybe end of next week. Courts around here a slow from what i can see..it no longer matters..he will get them and decision is made..and I am getting my taxes done this Monday without him!!! I do find him disgusting for all he did but I hope to overcome this one day..

Hugs

Lulu