View Poll Results: Would you defriend this person?
Yes
0%
No
100.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Totally off topic-what do you think of this comment?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Exclamation Totally off topic-what do you think of this comment?

Here in the ongoing Facebook purge I came across this post

"some get married, some have babies or a good job..and I... am simply living the life that they wish they had...!!!"

Its not a joke. This one is studying abroad. Does anyone else find it offensive? ...
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not offensive really - just a little egotistical, self absorbed, and snobby. Clearly I'm not filled with warm fuzzies over such a comment but it doesn't offend me.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks. As I have been away from the drinking scene mostly I have found the comment with some pics of drunken students and some showing off of "peple" said person has gone to bed with, triggered something.

It sucks because the ones that are still "young" are heavy partiers, etc. yet the others are already married and/or with kids, etc. I need to make friends like me that are in between.

Thanks for your kind input.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wouldn't find it offensive at all because 1) I wouldn't take it personally, and 2) I don't buy into someone else's version of reality.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I read this and think "who cares" I'm happy where i am and that's all that matters.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I was on face book got connected with a few friends then deleted my account. I got several viruses from the site. The people on there I went to school with know how to get in contact with me anyway. The rest of the any reasons to be on there for me is nil. I find for me, farmville to not be anything of interest. Nor, do I care to be in mafia wars. To each his own.

This site and sites like it are where people I connect with. We on here for support.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds young and ignorant.

There are many different ways to find happiness...it's a very personal thing, y'know?
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

To be young and in search of a social disease. Glad those days are gone.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

I actually thought it was someone who has been through a lot and finally found their niche.. people frown on us 'single' folk, thinking we are not wrapped tight therefore we aren't coupled... or in my instance, my gf gets upset and catty.. thinking I want her man.. (geezz.. that is so immature, since I have known her for 20 yrs, and him for 30..)

It also says... we all want what others have, instead of being happy where we are..

I think way too far into things.. lol..

FB helped with seeing how I have made poor friend choices over the years..
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

lol FreeBird

Thanks. I haven't used FB only to see how my sis/dad are doing but I got another account with some people and wanted to know if I could delete it/create another one for my kittens!! I read creating their FB page would make them popular and maybe I can ask my friends to be fans so someone more or less "known" may adopt the cats. Obviously the animal fundation would need to approve the person anyway...

While I was there I read that comment and thought "sheesh..." well I was not offended per se but it bugged me! I dont like show offs or ppl that feel superiior. In dance lessons we got someone like that always trying to show off how great she dances... like.. see me! see me! see ME!!! and its slightly annoying but I also appreciate my tendencies on paying more attention to others and try to let go.

Thanks for the input !
Old 04-22-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

I think, that's great what you're trying to do for the animals
Old 04-22-2010, 05:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well the comment comes from a place of youth and arrogance it seems. But not offensive, atleast to me.

There's also another way to look at that comment....FB gives people an outlet, it also can create a facade for people. I find that often when someone says something like that, they are actually missing that part of their life that they are seemingly putting down. It could have been directed to someone in particular in their lives too to try and send an "in your face" passive aggressive message.
Anyhoo- this person is just silly, and has SOOOOO much to learn.

I've come across comments which I do find offensive, one person just last week. I won't say what was said, but it had a religious undertone, and it made my stomach turn....
so this is what I did.....DEFRIEND. Don't need it.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kittyboo View Post
It could have been directed to someone in particular in their lives too to try and send an "in your face" passive aggressive message.
I am astounded at the number of people that do this on facebook. I find it really weird that people post some kind of uber public, yet covert, message to get in someone elses face.

It makes for some weird impressions and you also see another side of people that is for sure.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I also wonder about that stuff RE farm animals, hey there are real animals that can use help yet you are there "rising" a sheep that doesn't exist. Well I was in vampire wars for a while but no longer do Also its compromising to put so much info on where you are at/what you are doing... at least over here that info has been used for harrassing/crimes...