Slippery Slope......

Old 04-20-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slippery Slope......

I feel like we are on a slippery slope right now.....headed back down! I have not reacted, nor asked about his drinking. He came home Saturday night from DJing and I woke up and I "know" him when he's been drinking and although I said nothing and did not engage....I suspect he was. Then today we met for dinner...he got there before me, had something in the bar and came to the resturant, threw his cup away on the way to the table and got a sprite. Then I left early while he was waiting for the to go food for the kids....and he was acting the same way when he got home 45 minutes later. I guess I am just really disappointed, though he hasn't been "drunk" again yet, and I don't allow alcohol in the house. I thought I made my stance pretty clear. Not to mention tomorrow am I am having our baby....and I am worried about what he will be doing while I am gone!!! I know there is nothing I can do and the kids arrangements are made so I am not worried aobut that, but part of me feels like he things with a new baby I won't do anything...he is wrong.....I just really don't want to have to go down this slippery slope again....because this will be it!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

Hugs to you Sweetie!! I wish I had some comforting words for you, but I realized today I am on that same slippery slope myself once again. It's not a good feeling, and I'm sorry that I have to go through it again. It will be the last though. No nice guy left in me; not for him anyway.

Good luck with the baby tomorrow!!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Oh! It's baby time!
Thank you for the reminder.
Give yourself a big hug from me. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hope that everything goes smoothly for you, baby and the children.

I don't have anything to say about your A. We didn't cause it, we can't control it, and we won't cure it tonight......

Please update us when you are able!

(((hugs)))
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Good luck with the baby.....I am so sorry you are going through this!

Focus on you and the baby for now......no decisions have to be made right this minute.....adding my love and suport to the pile and I hope it all goes well.

Take care Phiz
Old 04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

BIG hugs, best wishes for a beautiful birth and a wonderful welcome for your little babe. I wish the rest of the things in your life were calmer for you, but in the absence of that I'm so happy that your baby has you for a mommy. Tomorrow is all about baby day, right? Everything else will unfold, and you have us and the rest of the recovery community to cheer you on. Remember that.

Blessings tomorrow~
posie
Old 04-20-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My prayers for you and baby, for a safe delivery, a healthy babe and that ah behaves himself during this time.

God bless
Old 04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your kind words.....I'm super excited about the baby....and you are right today is about this baby...nothing is going to ruin that for me. Other decisions that I might need to make can be made down the road....and like someone else said they is no "nice guy/gal" left in me!
I will post later today after the baby is born!!
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

you just take care of yourself right now. i know that slippery slope too but right now, its his slippery slope. you've got more important things to do!

i really do relate to that watchdog feeling when you know they are slipping again. it appears it is inevitable...it always seems to happen...and even tho they are pro's at hiding it, after awhile, we can be tricked no more.

anyway, they are going to do what they are going to do. we really can't control it at all. best to just accept it, detach, and get on with living your life.

and i'm sorry that you have to worry if he will be there to support you. but we are all thinking of you today.

naive