SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   he told me he hopes I die..should I be worried (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/199263-he-told-me-he-hopes-i-die-should-i-worried.html)

lulu1974 04-20-2010 01:25 PM

he told me he hopes I die..should I be worried

maybe I shouldnt have told him about the divorce yikes. He emailed me earlier twice telling me he hopes I die but nothing threatening. Should I be worried? I blocked him now but just nervous.

nodaybut2day 04-20-2010 01:30 PM

Save those emails and print them out. Have you started a journal yet, logging all contact between you? He's being careful here, but saying he hopes you die, so he's avoiding using words that might get him in trouble, but still, it's better to be careful here.

And yah, block him.

Regarding telling him about the divorce, he was going to blow his lid anyway, whether you told him or he just got served. Let him have his hissy fit. He's not your problem any longer.

MsPINKAcres 04-20-2010 01:32 PM

better safe than scared and sorry is my thoughts on it.

Do what you think makes you feel the safest - you are dealing with someone who suffers from a disease that makes them unpredictable - it's not about them - it's about what is SAFEST and the MOST SANE for YOU.

Remember YOU get to be YOUR PRIORITY now.

HUGS,
Rita

lulu1974 04-20-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by nodaybut2day (Post 2574927)
Save those emails and print them out. Have you started a journal yet, logging all contact between you? He's being careful here, but saying he hopes you die, so he's avoiding using words that might get him in trouble, but still, it's better to be careful here.

And yah, block him.

Regarding telling him about the divorce, he was going to blow his lid anyway, whether you told him or he just got served. Let him have his hissy fit. He's not your problem any longer.

well i blocked my email and phone..he can get me at work but i can send him to voicemail. I guess he will settle down.
I wasnt keeping a journal but we have solely been communicatin via emails and I have everything he ever wrote in 5 years.

Summerpeach 04-20-2010 01:52 PM

He's not a threat, he's a wimp and he's pissed! He has no control left. He's quacking, you did a good thing to block him.

gns 04-20-2010 02:42 PM

Take care of yourself lulu!!

tpen 04-20-2010 02:46 PM

Lulu I can relate how you feel scared, but do know it has hit him hard now. More will come but stand your ground. Pray that HP protects you, give you wisdom and also opens the door for him to seek a righteous life.

Be strong......and be patient.

tigger11 04-20-2010 05:06 PM

From a slightly different perspective, I'll bet there are moments that you wish he'd die, too. I've wished that about my STBXAH.

LaTeeDa 04-20-2010 05:21 PM

I think that posting here, asking if you should be worried is an indication that you are worried. Don't gloss over that. If something seems troubling about this to you, then it is. I have regretted many times not listening to my gut. As a previous poster said, better safe than sorry. Do whatever you need to do to feel safe. ((()))

L

lulu1974 04-20-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by tigger11 (Post 2575077)
From a slightly different perspective, I'll bet there are moments that you wish he'd die, too. I've wished that about my STBXAH.

No. Its weird but since I am so good at bashing myself..I almost wanted to reply..yes after being married to you I have wanted to be dead at times too.
Its ok. I think Summerpeach was right. He is just pissed cause he isnt getting what he wants. He wantd me back, then he met someone else and didnt want me, now he wants the divorce on his terms and he is getting the divorce.but on my terms. I am asking for alimony and a few other things so I can focus on school and make my life better. And I am only asking cause he always promised there would be a time I can stay home and have a child and finish school. Instead he committed, fraud, lost our savings account, went to rehab twice and cheated on me. I would just like a little something for my future.

Jadmack25 04-20-2010 10:51 PM

He committed, fraud, lost our savings account, went to rehab twice and cheated on me.

And he suggested YOU should die? I think a lot of his fried brain cells already committed suicide. http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/e...ead_md_wht.gif

If you have worries, how about giving this to your lawyer to handle?
Meanwhile, Lu girl you are in my mind. Prayers are a given

God bless

steve11694 04-21-2010 11:32 AM

I have heard the "I hope you die" line from many now sober alcoholics and their family members. Seems to be in the alcoholism SOP manual.

Protect yourself just in case its more than quacking.