He shattered the front windshield on my car

Old 04-19-2010, 01:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He shattered the front windshield on my car

Not my xabf, someone else's A. I heard a commotion earlier from the downstairs hall. I opened my door and looked down and there were two men in the hall. The sober one was trying to shove the big drunk one into his condo (I think). Later the police call me and ask me to come down and look at my car. On my way down, I see that the drunk has pee'd and puked in the hall. Long story short: cops get report, give drunk back to neighbor, cops leave, more commotion, drunk gets assaulted by neighbor, drunk bleeding, cops come, take drunk away.

It's interesting, I feel more angry at my neighbors for bringing the drunk over, which lead to my smashed window, than I do at the drunk for smashing my window. I feel like they are responsible for what happened. Why is that I wonder?

It's so late.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh goody!!! As if you haven't had enough from your own drunk....now your neighbours are importing them.
What can you do to get your smashed windscreen fixed at either the drunk's or your neighbour's expense?

You had nothing to do with this, so why should you be hit with cost of damage done by their drunken guest? It wasn't as if they didn't know he was in this state and still let him in, so firstly I would talk to them about it, to at least get drunk's name and details from them.
If he was someone they just picked up at a bar and brought home, then I would let them know I was going them for payment, as they were responsible for him being there.

Of course, they will no doubt deny it all, and what happens then God knows.

What a bummer, for you. Hope you can get some help with this, and keep calm even if it is a darn pain.

God bless