Now it's my business partner. again.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Now it's my business partner. again.

My business partner--the A that has cycled around and around like a lunatic and we finally sort of got him to go away, myself and the other woman I work with.

She texted me today that the A business partner that threatened us, took away advertising, became furious when we didn't want to work with him and, most recently, threatened to muzzle me, had sent someone to her to be an ad salesperson in the upper part of the state. And that he is going to help with distritubion.

She's out of her mind. Seriously. I have had it with this guy and am ready to file a restraining order if he doesn't stay away from me. What on earth is going on? My dad posting crazy stuff on my facebook page, now this guy STILL won't go away.

I know I"m sensitive right now. I just keep trying to stay focused, be in the moment and remember I don't have to act or solve anything right now, except waht's most important. And right now, that is putting my beautiful children in their beds and singing to them about how much I love them

Ah yes. That's better..
Old 04-15-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't know what to tell you other than breathe and try to relax. You cannot control others.

When I have toxic people in my life, I try to keep my distance and remove them as best I can. There is no reasoning with crazy and active A's are crazy.

Stay focused on you and you kids. I forget, do you have two? A boy and a girl?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what's the current sitch with the former partner? did you all come to any sort of agreement? i remember he wanted some kind of insane amount to buy him out.

this sounds SO typical -- pretend that nothing MAJOR went on between you all, and it's just business as usual.

man
Old 04-15-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

this sounds SO typical -- pretend that nothing MAJOR went on between you all, and it's just business as usual.
Thank you! I was feeling like I'm the crazy one because there has been MAJOR bs gone down between both of these men. Thank you!

And Miss Fixit, you're funny. I can't control others. snort.

Ok that was a joke. Thanks for reminding me. I don't want to control anyone else, I don't think, I just want to be left alone. Guess it's up to me to set and hold those boundaries then?

Three boys. Oldest, 25, does not live with me. 12 and 8 year olds do.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

The current sitch with the A partner is that I stepped out of the picture to let the other partner try to negotiate with him. He kept changing what he wanted, blaming her, now he's rushing in to try to help. What a whack job. This from a guy that hates us, rages at us. Ick.

And he's obsessed with her. Even more gross.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good grief, what is causing this outbreak of nutters around you Transformie?

Yeah, I thought this crazy dude had been sent on his wacky way already.

Maybe you should let your female partner know you say "no way" to this ad man coming in. Let her contact Mr Crazy and tell him neither he or his nominated ad man are needed, wanted or welcome in YOUR business.

You may need to file a restraining order to get him off your back. Whatever it takes.
What are the chances of introducing Mr Crazy to insane Dad, and leaving them to it?

God bless (and please Lord, hurry.)
Old 04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Funny!
What are the chances of introducing Mr Crazy to insane Dad, and leaving them to it?
OH my god they would LOVE each other too!

I dunno Jadmack, today I met an Elder who asked to see my palm, and said I am moving into Snake Medicine, which is all about transformation and healing.

It is protector medicine, along with her sisters Dragon and Serpent.

He also said look out for someone in my near future. Take steps wisely.

I am working to not take this personally. It's not personal. It's cosmic, giving me opportunity for change.

Guess it's time for me to work again at transforming my suffering.

How dramatic..
Old 04-15-2010, 08:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by transformyself View Post
How dramatic..
Interesting choice of words. My life was once filled with drama. I think my subconscious thrived on it. Made me feel alive somehow. I can't even really say how my life got to be less dramatic. It's difficult to point to anything specific I actually did to de-dramatize my life. Sometimes, I even miss it (a little). But, somehow, in the process of recovery, the drama dissipated. It just kind of melted away. I wish I could pinpoint how it happened, but I can't.

L
Old 04-15-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I"m just sick of suffering. Yes, I know it's part of life, but that's why I'm trying to EMDR. I HATE being triggered by and afraid of assholes. I don't want to hate them. I don't want to fear them. I just want them to go away.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I HATE being triggered by and afraid of assholes.
Maybe a starting point is identifying specifically what the fear is. Then assume the thing you fear actually happened. What could/would you do? Getting my fears out of the dark and into the light of day, and coming up with a plan is sometimes helpful.

L
Old 04-16-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

That prettty darn smart of you and might work, because when my worst fears have come true, I've experienced a sense of unyielding freedom. After the vomiting and shaking subsides. That usually takes about four months.

I don't know about the rest of us here, but the PTSD throws in a delightful element of Crazy with some fears. Not many, but when it does, it creates more fear than my body can handle for too long. Think VietNam Vet, when a car backfires and he hits the ground. Tries to save the people around him and kill the enemy. I think I've slung some of that at you at times here. I've had enough. So have the people in my life.

That's the reaction I'm having to both my dad and this numbnutz I use to work with. MY dad raged at me my entire life, told me I would never amount to anything and was worthless. I woke up this morning remembering an incident when my middle son was a toddler. We were at my dads, down by the trout pond when a Heron landed about ten feet away. We were looking at it, amazed and awed by its size. Until my father shot it from the porch. Shot it dead right next to us. How's that for crazy? Then, when I freaked out on him for shooting it that close to my baby, he laughed at me for not trusting him.

Which is why I ignored red flags galore from the business partner until he was cycling through raging at myself and my other partner. We were either whores or whores to him- with full technicolor details of how we were going to get what we deserved.

I think I'll take this one to my therapist. For now, I"m going to take some heavy duty anti-seizure meds they gave me for triggers, cause I was up all night with this stupid ****.

But you're right about pinpointing the fear. I just need the help of a professional to deal with it.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Jesus, did you read that?

MY dad raged at me my entire life, told me I would never amount to anything and was worthless. I woke up this morning remembering an incident when my middle son was a toddler. We were at my dads, down by the trout pond when a Heron landed about ten feet away. We were looking at it, amazed and awed by its size. Until my father shot it from the porch. Shot it dead right next to us. How's that for crazy? Then, when I freaked out on him for shooting it that close to my baby, he laughed at me for not trusting him.
This is why I'm so screwed up! Just one more example of being in a life or death situation. Thanks Dad for the PTSD! Cant' wait to see you at the wedding!

That guy was a nightmare. I can't believe it took me as long as it did to tell him he needed to either respect me or he couldn't be a part of my life.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Here's more about PTSD. Now I'm just trying to make myself feel better by the way.
The mnemonic DREAMS can help elicit pertinent details after the trauma history has been obtained . With each event, the examiner should determine if the patient appears emotionally Detached (called alexithymia), either from the event or in relationships with others. It may also manifest as a general numbing of emotional responsiveness. The patient Reexperiences the event in the form of nightmares, recollections or flashbacks. The Event involved substantial emotional distress, with threatened death or loss of physical integrity, and feelings of helplessness or disabling fear. The patient Avoids places, activities or people that remind the patient of the event. The symptoms have been present longer than one Month, and the patient experiences Sympathetic hyperactivity or hypervigilance, which may include insomnia, irritability and difficulty concentrating.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hypervigilance? yes.
i am sorry transform.
i know you will find your way through this.
need a bodyguard?
hope you feel better very soon.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Yes, I need a bodyguard and a Soulgaurd. Thank you.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I will wear a dark suit, with very dark sunglasses.
when he get near you, i will say,
"sir, keep your distance"
if he will not comply,
i will talk into my sleeve, like the secret service,
and tell him reinforcements are on the way.

and.....
"all we are say--ing is give peace a chance"!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That prettty darn smart of you and might work, because when my worst fears have come true, I've experienced a sense of unyielding freedom. After the vomiting and shaking subsides. That usually takes about four months.

But you're right about pinpointing the fear. I just need the help of a professional to deal with it.
You're right. And since I am not a professional, I will go back to posting on other threads where I might be of some help.

L
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

I will go back to posting on other threads where I might be of some help.
What? You've helped me a great deal. I'm confused.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

And back to my original posting, my other business partner, Hilary, might be as crazy as the abusive former one Brad.

Why on earth would she want to engage wtih this guy again? His pattern is SO clear, so sick and abusive. And it evolves around her.

I just sent her this email and am actually very clear that if she won't have clearer professional boundaries with him, I am not doing business with her. It feels good to know what my boundaries are, to not feel one small tug towards engaging with him. I just want no contact and have been very clear about that with her, myself, him and everyone else.

how I handle him really has nothing to do with you, your judgment or whether or not I respect you, or care what you do with Brad on a personal level. Those are your choices.

I am making clear boundaries personally and professionally with him. And my personal boundaries have been made clear. After threatening to rape you and muzzle me, among many other things, if Brad keeps a physical distance from me--I won’t file a restraining order. Simple.

Professionally, I refuse to do business with someone who has a proven pattern of instability, sabotage and making threats to us both personally and to our business. That means he doesn’t do distribution, doesn’t send any writers or sales people our way.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Wow. That was a short circle.

As predicted, B has escalated his attempt to weasel his way back into our lives and businesses. He sent H this email
You understand XXX others are trying to squeeze you and I out. We better work together a little better to preserve both our places in the market. We were the first and are still the smartest, but we need to work together on some level to stay on top.
What a creep. To her XXX, H sent him a a kind response that laid out clear boundaries.

Dude, I know what they are doing and I'm not about being on top. I want to grow slow and strong, and let them do what they are doing. They don't threaten me even though they are doing more than me. In fact, I wouldn't mind working with them in the future possibly if there was anything that fit Transforms and my business model. The bottom line though, is I'm content, right where I am.
I can't work with you anymore. You know this. Transform doesn't want any association at all, but I'm trying to be cordial because we are all in this industry together and our projects are going to cross paths. There's no need for us to make things difficult for each other.
That being said, I need you to understand that there are boundaries between you and I. I thought you understood that, but after receiving this e-mail I feel I need to reiterate them. We won't collaborate on any projects again. If you are doing an event and it's legit, we'll cover it. If you are doing an event and it's legit, we'll get our papers to your event and represent ourselves there. If you want to take papers to another state or something specific, ask and most likely it'll be ok, as long as you aren't misrepresenting yourself in association with the paper. I worry that you might, and if that's a possibility, then I'd prefer you didn't take them.

My concern is that you and I don't get too friendly again. We will never be friends like we were. That is what got us in trouble and I'd rather have full cut off of communication than to go through that again. So, while I appreciate the sending of possible leads and the offer to take the paper to out of state conferences, I need you to know that I may or may not accept the help, depending on the circumstances, and that I'm looking at every transaction (with anyone, not just you) with no emotion, just straight business. It's about the betterment of our industry, and on a smaller scale, our own individual businesses.

I was advised not to even send this e-mail--that it would start a whole new ball of wax rolling with you. I sent it because I felt I needed to try for peace one last time before cutting off communication the way Transform did. This is my first and only attempt to find some sort of boundaries that will allow us to interact with each other in passing, within this industry.

By the way, how did you get this e-mail from XXX?

I hope I've made myself clear, and you have taken what I say positively, instead of negatively. If you are taking this negatively, I ask that you don't reply.

Sincerely,
H
I"m pretty proud of her, to recognize this right away. AND he's still got all the emails from our website being funneled to his account.

What a bunch of crap. What a waste of time. I guess the only way to get these leeches away from you is to make and keep clear boundaries with them/