devastated

Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

devastated

Just put my 16 yr old Golden Retriever to sleep. He was the only soul I have ever known that never let me down.

I have never felt so alone in my entire life.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Lost my doggy three years ago. Got her when I was 19, I'm 37. That's a big chunk (15 years) of my life. I feel your pain.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Aw kitty, I'm sooo very sorry to hear this. They are such a huge part of our lives.

Big hugs to you, you are NOT alone.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I'm so sorry. It is sooo hard to lose a beloved pet.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh kitty I'm so sorry. I know how it will feel when mine reach the end of their time here and cross the bridge......just the same. They mean so much to us, these furry angels we are blessed with for a while. Sending you hugs and strength.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oooooh NO! I'm so SO sorry. That's one of the toughest things ever. Dogs are so much a part of the family. My deepest condolences.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So sorry.....I hope you kind find some peace during this traumatic time...and remember the beuatiful memories. Hugs to you. Take care Phiz
Old 04-13-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

((kittykitty)) Losing a furbaby is so hard. You are not alone in this. Sending you
Old 04-13-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I've lost 3 dogs, 3 cats and a parrot in my "lifetime". It hurts and it's a cliche but time does heal. I've also found that adopting a new pet helped take my mind off things, not a replacement but a happy distraction.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Kitty, I'm so sorry. There is nothing like loving and being loved by a wonderful dog. Hold all the memories close in your heart and know that your love for each other will endure forever.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh kitty, thats the saddest thing. I know what you are feeling, when my Jess died, I lost a soul mate. Here is a prayer, its sad, but believe in it, and you know what? I have jade, jess's daughter, and she rollicks around on my bed (where they both slept) like she is play fighting with air. Jess spirit, and when I walk Jade, I may as well be walking Jessie too, cos my left hand pulls like I have two dogs there. I dont care what anyone says, pets we love will be waiting for us in Heaven. Here is a hug (()) heres the prayer:

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE POEM

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So sorry. I know how you feel, we lost our furbaby of 9 years last August to cancer. It's so hard.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear your sad news ... so heartbreaking when we lose our furry friends, I do feel for you. Try and relish those special special lovely memories and know they are at peace now.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Kitty, my heart goes out to you, and I can't help the tears coming. I haven't had another doggie pal since my much loved 16 year old collie, Lass, went to sleep with her head in my lap July 1964. I got her for my 5th birthday, the best present I have ever had, and certainly the longest lasting.

Cashfan, thanks so much for that poem: now I will be expecting to be bowled over and have my face kissed all over when I get to that Rainbow Bridge, just as it happened so long ago.

Oh, what memories will be with me as I sleep tonight.

God bless
Old 04-13-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

(((kittykitty)))
I am sorry about the loss of your beloved buddy. Your lives were blessed for having each other.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
today4me

I have a golden also and I know what you are going through. Cherish the memories of her. Hang in there.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh kitty, I am so sorry. I love all dogs, but my goldens are so much more equal and special than the rest of them. (and I have a lot of dogs).
I know that you will miss him.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thank you so much to everyone
Old 04-13-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

thank you so much to everyone for their kind words and hugs. I really need them.

I've never had to play God before, and make a decision like that. I know it was for the best, it's just so difficult when Junior was the center of my universe for so long. I rescued him from an unloving home when he was 8, and we have been inseparable ever since. He came to the barns to work with me every day. Every trip I went on, unless it involved an airplane (which was rare), he went with. Every BBQ, polo game, fishing trip, camping trip, friend's house, everything, even trips just to the grocery store.

I adopted another dog a couple months ago, because deep down I knew this was coming. She is not a golden, but a small manchester terrier, and she bonded to me right away, just like Jr did. I think that is true, that goldens are just different than other breeds. I hope someday I can get another one, their devotion and personality is really second to none. Right now it's just so hard to even think about another one. But my little Missy is here by my side, and life goes on.

No matter how hard you try, you're just never ready to let go i guess.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I had a pet for 15 years, and he was the healthiest, longest relationship I ever had. I lost him 11 years ago, and still think of him everyday.

Im sorry that you lost your friend