Let me tell you what my higher power did

Old 04-09-2010, 12:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let me tell you what my higher power did

I just posted below how I got rid of my A's stuff today after he told me he was filing for divorce yesterday and lets not forget how concerned he is with my taxes after a month of no contact..
I got back from delivering his stuff to his cousin and posted here..I wasnt even supposed to be home..I am home from work and I was supposed to be at a friends house baking a cake today..but she is running late..I was in the garage and I am never in there as its creepy so the UPS man sees me and walks up the driveway thinking he will just give me the package..It was addressed to my former husband. And it was from tempurpedic and I know its a pillow as he likes those and his is still here (oops I realized I forgot to give that over today) so he must have ordered that a week ago..NOW he has changed his address everywhere even at his job which surprised me as he likes to lie and I dont see him telling people at work we are getting divorced. The only way I know about the change of address is because he had to mail me a check from his insurance company and I noticed the address change so anyways..Now I am more sure than ever that the taxes and filing for divorce were for reactions..There is no way he made an error or where he had that pillow sent..He and his passive aggressive attitude knew once I got it I would have to call him to tell him and break no contact and if I wasnt home the UPS man would have just left it on the porch...But I was home so I refused it AND told the UPS man he no longer lives here so he shouldnt bring anything else here. What a manipulator!!
Seriously, how do you get an address wrong? He orders everything online and all the time and is very detailed oreinted so hardly doubt this was a mistake all of a sudden. Cracks me up!! Hope he doesnt need that pillow anytime soon as it going back to the Tempurpedic! My HP made sure I was here so I didnt have to get involved again..
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I can use that pillow. Care to send it down here?

Knowing who they really are is interesting... it hurts like hell but its also like a liberation... no wonder many close ones or ppl who were close to them want absolutely nothing to do with them anymore. Ever. And that is a long time.

After the initial shock its like "thanks for giving me another reason to keep my NC, thus, sanity"

You are doing very well !!!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is just absolutely GREAT!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know but I hate having to think that way. I am not cut out to be manipulative and having to really think about what is going on and if its a form or manipulation makes me uneasy. To me its scary that someone can plot these things..maybe this is why i was an easy target for him.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu1974 View Post
I know but I hate having to think that way. I am not cut out to be manipulative and having to really think about what is going on and if its a form or manipulation makes me uneasy. To me its scary that someone can plot these things..maybe this is why i was an easy target for him.
I don't see it as you being manipulative... you just reinforced your boundary... IMO. It is crazy to have to "think like them" to avoid the stupid stuff they cast in our direction.... just think how far you've come.... today you removed the target sign and gave it to him....compliments of HP and UPS!

Good for you!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you! I think what you did takes strength. It would have been easy to take it to him...a good excuse just to see him. Yah!!
Old 04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I know but I hate having to think that way. I am not cut out to be manipulative and having to really think about what is going on and if its a form or manipulation makes me uneasy
That's not being manipulative -
you don't even have to think of it as 'manipulative'
or even 'counter-manipulative'.

keep it simple. Think of it like this:

There is that is that which you will allow.

there is that which you no longer allow.

Anything that puts his needs first - is no longer allowed.

See?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

You don't have to do the 'out think a manipulator' scenario.
To 'out think' a crazy person -
one has to become MORE crazy than they are.

let's do this-
and stay on THIS side of the cukoo's nest, okay???

I mean - you said that you weren't cut out to be this way -
YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!
We were raised (trained-conditioned-whatever)

TO PUT UP WITH ALL THEIR STUFF NOT TO SEE THROUGH IT!!!

You're just seeing through it.

I think you're on a roll!!!!

So PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Manipulative is........ordering something to be delivered to your OLD address, where your wife still lives, "forgetting" you have moved and changed your address. Bahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Boundary defence is.......telling the delivery man, " Sorry, MrX doesn't live here, you need to return this parcel to tempurpedic."

You home, your life, your decision what comes there.

Well done you strong lady.

God bless