My first Al-Anon Meeting

Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first Al-Anon Meeting

I thought I would share how my first Al-Anon meeting went with you all. My new support system as I now refer to you

The room was standing room only, a little uncomfy, but to be quite honest a little hopeful to. It was nice for it to actually hit you in the face that YES I AM NOT ALONE! We had what was called a New Members meeting, basically it was learning the purpose and we spoke breifly about detachment. I left their feeling a little confused, I didnt seem to get the guidence that maybe I expected - and there wasnt a lot of time to ask questions - So my mind was literally spinning when I left.... Arent I already detached? How can I become more detached? But I do plan on going back.... I dont think I will end up with a sponsor, most said they already had too many people they sponsored and couldnt keep up, or they themselves were new in the program and were in the same boat as me
Old 04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

At my first Alanon meeting, I remember thinking how very caaallllmmm (calm) everyone was. They even seemed to talk real slloooww. I guess that's how some people come across when they have serenity to people nutty like I was!

Congrats to you!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your first Al-anon meeting! I cannot believe how much happier I have become since joining Al-anon 3 months ago. It really is amazing how good it feels to talk about your experiences with people who REALLY understand, and don't judge you! Keep going back, it works!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you. The guidance will come as you listen to other people
stories and their realizations - I think. I need to get back in the habit of going to meetings.