SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Went to the doctor today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/198395-went-doctor-today.html)

lulu1974 04-07-2010 01:49 PM

Went to the doctor today

and they were really supportive and so caring. They did prescribe some medication to get me through the interim as my anxiety is preventing me from leaving the house often. The old me would have been disappointed that I have to go on medication but that wasnt the case. I gave myself a hug. It was such a relief to finally take care of me! I did something today to make my life better and it had nothing to do with him. Keeping fingers crossed that it helps me...

lulu1974 04-07-2010 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 2563585)
oh that's good to hear....very proud of you. chu wan some caak now? :bday2

Anvil..cake gone my friend. All of it in my tummy!!! I will regret this anothetime..lol..thanks for the support!!:tyou

MsPINKAcres 04-07-2010 02:11 PM

((lulu))

so proud for YOU - glad you are taking good care of YOU - remember YOU deserve every bit of it!!!!!

HUGS,
Rita

lulu1974 04-07-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by anvilhead (Post 2563602)
wait....was that LULU lol'ing up there? eatin' cake, having no regrets, putting herself first? :faint

tee hee

and the world has not fallen apart despite I am not helping anyone but me. SHOCKING I tell you!
hehe

Learn2Live 04-07-2010 04:00 PM

Good for you LuLu!!! I can see from your posts that you are a strong person who is just going through a tough time right now. I am so glad you are making the choice to take care of yourself and to live the healthiest life possible!! :scoregood

MahiMahi 04-07-2010 04:12 PM

Great job lulu that is a huge step for your recovery. Stay with that positive attitude that is huge.......

Jadmack25 04-07-2010 05:25 PM

Yes, it is Lulu. And a Lulu who is caring for herself and not worrying over others for now.....makes a nice change.

You deserve another luscious cake to let all know who comes first in YOUR life, as of this very minute.
Say after me; "I come first". And again. Well done!

Now repeat this to yourself when you awake each morning, 4 times during the day, and last thing at night.
Go and enjoy this cake, I swear it won't muck your weight up by even 1/4 oz.

God bless
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/e...ds/CBSCake.jpg

Freedom1990 04-07-2010 05:45 PM

The cake's already gone, and I didn't get any???!!! :gaah

Oh well, I've got a good 30 pounds to work off of my fat arse anyway! :ushup:

I am so very glad you are taking care of yourself, Lulu! :ghug3

lulu1974 04-07-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 (Post 2563802)
The cake's already gone, and I didn't get any???!!! :gaah

Oh well, I've got a good 30 pounds to work off of my fat arse anyway! :ushup:

I am so very glad you are taking care of yourself, Lulu! :ghug3

Thank you and sorry I didnt share but I was only thinking of me..hahahhaha

I was down 24 lbs with 20 more to go but a girl's got to celebrate!! I just did a bit of shopping too...I will make it out of this depression if it kills me! lol

wicked 04-07-2010 06:13 PM

Thank you and sorry I didnt share but I was only thinking of me..hahahhaha

:You_Rock_:grouphug:

Lulu,
great news that you are getting help from the doctor!
life is good. and so is cake!
Beth

tigger11 04-08-2010 05:04 PM

Lulu, I'm so happy for you! You're doing great!

Just wanted to tell you... and this may not be the case for you... but when the doc gave me anti-anxiety meds (Lexipro), it took about 3 weeks for them to kick in. Also, even though I'm on these meds, they don't MAKE me happy. They make me survive. It's very odd for me to be down. I'm usually happy, bouncy, smiley, positive, joyful (hence the pseudonym; Tigger). But this crap gets me DOWN. It WILL get better... for both of us. I promise!

Huggs,
Tigg

lulu1974 04-08-2010 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by tigger11 (Post 2564782)
Lulu, I'm so happy for you! You're doing great!

Just wanted to tell you... and this may not be the case for you... but when the doc gave me anti-anxiety meds (Lexipro), it took about 3 weeks for them to kick in. Also, even though I'm on these meds, they don't MAKE me happy. They make me survive. It's very odd for me to be down. I'm usually happy, bouncy, smiley, positive, joyful (hence the pseudonym; Tigger). But this crap gets me DOWN. It WILL get better... for both of us. I promise!

Huggs,
Tigg

Thanks..the mood stabilizer she gave me for the anxiety is actually slightly helping me already so am excited. It doesnt have to make me happy..I dont want the depression/anxiety anymore..thanks so much for the heads up!