Took the wedding band off.....

Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As always, L2L puts it so perfectly, clear and concise.
I actually kept my rings on until about 12 months after we were legally divorced, for 2 reasons;
1) As far as our church was concerned we were still married.
2) It annoyed him and really got him ranting.

I took all 3 rings off a year later, when I was ready, put them away for the kids to have when I am gone.
I also went back to my maiden name, which for some stupid reason also sent him off his rocker.

Most of the guilt I had felt didn't take long to head for the door, as his behavior and thinking deteriorated dramatically. The remaining bit of guilt was for my daughter as she had to take responsibility for him for the 7 years up to his death.

God bless
Old 04-08-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I took my ring off about 3 weeks ago. Not sure why, just felt like it. The mark is still there, but it's fading. If I get through this thing without having to give back the jewelry that he gave me, but I never gave him any indication that I wanted it (just an old country girl... sparkling diamond dew on the morning grasses and on the waves on the water are FAR more valuable to me)... I may have to give it all back, which bothers me not at all. But if he never asks for it, I'm going to make something nice that I like with it.

I will go back to my maiden name with the divorce, and it'll be great! It's a nice name. I've already started putting it in the middle of my name at work (email signatures) and on Facebook so people will start to get used to it. Looks a little odd with 4 names, but who cares?

Removing your wedding ring and changing your name are symbolic of putting away the old and starting anew. Both very good for your heart and soul. Enjoy it in any way you can.

Huggs!
Tigg