Still standing, but wobbling

Old 04-03-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still standing, but wobbling

Have been trying to break away from AH for several months now. Moved across the country back to my folks with my baby. AH had a company trip to Costa Rica that I refused to go on with him and his girlfriend (I know how classy, but typical) wouldn't go until he filed for divorce, so I have been court ordered to return to the west coast because my daughter has only been on the east coast for 5.5 months (federal law states a child is not a resident of the state until the child has been there for 6 mos.)

My family has been shattered into pieces, he is taking me away from my support system and now I have to go face the music with no support. I am so scared about my AH being on "visits" with my baby. I am going crazy trying to stay sane, I don't think I can handle him alone with the baby, she is so little, he doesn't know how to take care of her, he doesn't have the patience.

I do have a great attorney and the visits are supervised for 30 days. I am afraid to go back.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First off, I am so sorry this is happening to you! Good for you for getting away from him. I can see how this is scary. I would get all the legal opinions you can before going back. I know it can be scary to be on your own but my recent experience was that is actually helped me grow. When i had no one left, I turned to my HP ...and it has been really helpful. Remember you have yourself and your baby. Take care of yourself legally and spiritually...You can do this!!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

*way out of my league* so all I can offer is PRAYERS for your peace and well being.

Get a real lawyer.
Pay them REAL money.
People have been fighting extradition for years.

Live up to your name, hon... Rise Up.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to agree with Barb, live up to your name. I've been forcing myself to be strong and deal with things for a long time and it has served me well but now I'm wishing I'd been gentler with myself. If you're worried about being away from your support system I would honor that. A good lawyer should be able to make a case for your and your daughter's personal safety here. If it's money, just keep calling until you find a lawyer with a heart, they're out there, I've found them. It's always good to face your fears but this seems like too much to bite off for your first time to me. If you are forced to go back just know we are here, praying for you, pulling for you and God is always protecting you - whether you believe in Him or not, He believes in you!