Today is finally a happy day!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is finally a happy day!!

I was responding to someone about how glad I am to finally have NC although it wasnt my choice and then it occured to me to share this with the group.
You were all right!! He did me a favor by initating the NC and if he was bluffing thinking that would break me..we can all chuckle a bit at his logical thinking.
It was rough..and I mean rough for a few weeks..but guess what!! Today is finally a good happy day..I dont mean ok but I mean I am happy to be alive kind of happy!!!! Woohoo!
And, here is hugs to me for taking some time off work to get myself together, the counseling, the alanon, the priest's help, SR family..the books and reading I have done to help myself. A big hug to me..and all of you for being here.
Plus I have lost 21lbs and getting myself looking beautiful for me. No one else. I have been working out like a madwoman. Today someone rang my bell saying their kids ball fell in my yard and could he get it..I was in a robe but he gave me a nice look and big smile and I realized - I do look good! I need to get out and enjoy life...AHHH..no more lies, no more craziness and nutsville..Just peace and joy. I am going to bake later..Will send virtual cupcakes your way..

Thanks to everyone..I have a future again!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 04-02-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yay Lulu - what a banner day! Treasure the good days. Here's hoping that there are more good days than bad ones. But if there's a bad moment or day sometimes, remember THIS day, and know full well that there will be more and more to come. Congratulations!

Hugs! Tigg
Old 04-02-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is a lovely day, and may your sun stay out shining for you.

Our sun hasn't stuck it's head out yet, but it has bucketed down rain already.....so help me, if we get much more rain this wet season, I will have web feet.

God bless
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Jadmack25;2558988

Our sun hasn't stuck it's head out yet, but it has bucketed down rain already.....so help me, if we get much more rain this wet season, I will have web feet.

God bless[/QUOTE]

All I have to say is I better not here the word "draught" this summer!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Lulu, we got floods in some areas that had kids in high school (12+years old), who hadn't seen real rain in that time. Drought can last 15 years in some places way out west. Our dams up here got down to 15% capacity years ago, now are overflowing.

Ah well, I guess web feet aren't that bad after all, but I draw the line at quacking.

God bless