Is this weird to you?

Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this weird to you?

Last night, I woke up a bit to the cat purring loudly over on AH's side of the bed. I was half asleep.
He picked the cat up and put him on my head, still purring.
That was fine, I don't mind the cat sleeping on my head.
But then I could FEEL him pushing the cat toward me.
I rolled over fast to catch him (it was dark; I couldn't see his hand) and said, "Why are you pushing the cat on me?"
He replied, "I wasn't" and rolled over.
Did he want me to deal with the cat so he could sleep? Why lie about it?

It made me remember there have been a handful of times he has messed with me in my sleep.

One time my nose was whistling and I awoke to him pushing my one nostril closed (to make me stop breathing for a minute and start mouth breathing so I would be quiet?).
When I rolled away, he left me be.

One time I awoke to him tickling my foot (to get me to move?)

I don't know, but it seems creepy to me. In the day time he's not creepy...
Am I making to big a deal of it?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I shouldn't be laughing, but I love your post. I have no advice to offer - you just made me smile. Two wrongs don't make a right but how would he like waking up to those circumstances?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I laughed too, especially about pushing one nostril closed. LOL!!

It could be he's doing this stuff in his sleep. Drinkers can sleep so deeply that they don't wake up while doing certain things. Remember the big long thread about drinkers peeing the bed or getting up and peeing in the corner thinking they were in the bathroom?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

agreed creepy. mine used to shake the bed and i would wake up if he wasnt happy about my whistling or positioning or anything. such a sh*thead I swear. makes me mad. lol. better mad then depressed.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

This thread made me giggle too. Neither me or my hubby are alcoholics or drug abusers and we do the same things to each other....Its just funny when you can't sleep cause someone else is entertaining you....Hugs guys, Bonnie
Old 03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

I did that to me hubby. Seems normal - I had to give him nudges to stop the god awful snoring. I wasn't going to sleep on the couch afterall . He seems concerned with your feelings? Like he might not want you to know you're annoying him?
Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

^
Ha ha!
Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Half-asleep, I poked my husband in the armpit last night to get him to stop snoring. He shrieked like a little girl. Then I laughed (I couldn't help it...you should've heard it), and I couldn't fall back asleep. And his voice coming out of the darkness: "Serves you right. Poker." Then the dog started snoring. Then the cat. Then the other dog. Then him. It sounded like a swamp symphony. This morning he didn't remember a thing (no, he hadn't been drinking)

Strange things happen in the dead of night when people are going in and out of sleep {shrug}
Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I finally went to earplugs after trying everything to stop my late XAH snoring, and I mean SNORING. He was having a nap when some of the girls friends came over. One of the boys asked "where was the motorbike noise coming from?" After girls and I got over our laughing, my eldest came out with "it isn't a bike, it's my dad snoring".

It took me weeks to be able to get to sleep after I left him, and for months we had slept in seperate rooms....I MISSED THE NOISE my doctor said. Ahhhhhh!!!!

God bless
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i AM SORRY BUT THIS THREAD REALLY MADE ME LAUGH...i AM A NOSE WHISTLER TOO!!!!sorry for yelling! I agree that he probably is doing it in his sleep. I do and say wonky things in my sleep too. And on this happy note...Good night all. ThnaK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN FOR KEEPING ME COMPANY.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It is 5am here and I was rudely awoken by a great crash of a gate shutting, from somewhere round about, at 3.30.

3.30am is still the middle of the damned night, and if I find out who the noisy night owl is, I promise that it won't be "hoo hoo" that they are calling out.

Sounds like your night was even more "interrupted", Anvil.