I feel like I'm going to lose it...

Old 03-22-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm going to lose it...

So in follow-up to my thread about my soon to be alcholic ex-wife:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-drinking.html

She reappeared from her self imposed hiatus with an email stating that she had stopped taking her expensive anti-depression medication and that it sent her into a severe depression. Then on Sunday came to my house to spend some time with our daughter for the first time in two weeks. She seemed to care more about asking my for money to get her car that was impounded for parking tickets out of the impound lot than in playing with our daughter. They eventually did play, but her first care was to try and get money from me, or at least so it seemed to me.

Today, she texts me of course that she is getting her car out of the impound lot today or tomorrow and the she will pick up our daughter on Wednesday.

I texted back "Congratulations! No you're not". Then she bombarded me with "Yes I am" "Call the cops on Wednesday" "I'm picking her up and that is that".

I talked to my boss about it and had a break down in front of him. He was understanding and sympathetic. I think I need to finally get an ex-parte hearing going and seek full custody of my daughter.

I am so shaken and angry!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you get an emergency meeting with your attorney, worried?

This sucks.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take notes, gather evidence!
And, echoing what others have said, sounds like you could use legal advice now, in order to navigate this difficult period. they will be able to advise you how to respond to a situation such as the one you are dealing with now.
Good luck and sorry to hear you are going through this....
Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

just offering my support. you'll be fine; you're used to living with stress.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Write down every single thing she says and does. Will benefit you in court.

Most likely she will not turn up. write that down too.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just adding my support to the pile......take care of yourself and your daughter.....keep posting. Phiz
Old 03-23-2010, 11:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for the support. It feels good to have a place to vent and sometimes rant. So I don't have a lawyer (yet) because I can't afford one, so I've been doing all the paperwork myself. I went to a court room self help place this morning and they were somewhat helpful in that they gave me a guide to fill for emergency requests.

Well, as part of the process of filling out the request, I had to notify my AXW about my intent to file the paper work. She then emails me "what the hell is this?????", then a few minutes later, "Nevermind go ahead. I talked to a lawyer and know that I am now going after you for decent child support." Keep in mind that I had been paying her child support for years, even though we are not officially divorced.

Never mind that I am genuinely concerned about the safety of my daughter in her care, she is more concerned about money. Is this typical addict behavior? I'm not asking sarcastically, BTW.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

worriedinLA...just wanted to chime in that I think you're doing a great thing by trying to protect your daughter from someone who obviously isn't healthy enough to care for her.

Regarding your last question...in my experience, yes, this is exactly how my XAH behaved. He threatened to play dirty in court, saying he'd been taken on pro-bono by a lawer from Fathers For Justice, that he planned on revealing my sordid past to my family, friends, employer, etc etc. Nevermind his problems with anger, drinking, cocaine...I was horrid woman for trying to "take his child from him".

Just to give you some hope though...it's been 5-6 months and now XAH has calmed right down. He's got a new girlfriend, who I believe has already moved into DD's old bedroom. He barely sees DD (once a week on Sundays for 3.5 hrs) and often cancels or shortens his visits. Time has settled things down a whole lot. I expect there will be more drama but that eventually, he'll go away because he's got another enabler in his life.

So while you may be feeling a lot turmoil at the moment, I just wanted to tell you that it can get better.