how to act?

Old 09-30-2003, 06:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how to act?

My AH said he signed the papers and mailed them back today. I can't believe it. He's living in a hotel and doesn't know what he's going to do. Trying to decide between going home or staying here and trying to make a life. I feel if he stays here he probably wont' make it. He asked if he could come over and see the kids tonight and I allowed it. He was sober, very depressed, and seemed to be in a lot of pain. Does excessive drinking cause A's to be in physical pain like that? I dont' mean just a hangover, he says its internal pain. I didn't raise my voice or argue with him about anything. I know he's having a real hard time with this separation but what does he expect? He thinks if he moves back in with us then he'll be fine. Accused me of having an affair--ha! With twin toddlers, working full time and going to graduate school he thinks I even have time to do something of the sort?? I still feel so saddened by all this. After he left he called me and got mad that I had him served papers while he was in the hospital. Said that did a whole lot towards promoting his sobriety. It's always something with him. I just don't think he's accepting responsibility for his drinking. Since he got kicked out of the sober house about 10 days ago he hasn't gone to one AA meeting. How committed is he? I'm starting to think there are some people who just won't get it. I'm just telling myself that I am doing the best thing for him by not supporting his behavior.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Paige.

You're right. There are some people who just won't get it. I'll join you in praying that your husband is one who does. All you can do is keep taking care of you and the kids until he does. Sounds like you are.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 10-01-2003, 03:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Paige,

Sounds to me like you are doing exactly what you need to do! I'll join in the prayer for you. Take care of you....you are doing great.

Blessings,
Constant
Old 10-01-2003, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Queen of one liners

(((((((PAIGE)))))))

YOU'RE RIGHT! JUST HOW WOULD YOU HAVE TIME OR AN AFFAIR.?

It is sad but true that it takes what it takes for changed behavior on anyone part...So he'll have to do the deal until he gets it.

As for you, YOU GO GIRL. It's your life your living and from the sounds of it, it is really full...Hope you get time for a bubble bath once in a while...

I'll add my prayers for both of you.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

I think you may have just answered my question. My AH also seems to think I'm having an affair. He's videotaping our bed while he's at work.

It must be the addiction talking.

I'll add my prayers to everyone elses for you
Old 10-02-2003, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

I too will add my prayers and thoughts, you must be sooooo busy and worn-out. Make sure that you take some time for you ok?