Goodnight everyone...Out of a funk

Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodnight everyone...Out of a funk

I was starting to get nostalgic about a St patty's day party we used to go to every year and this year I went alone. I did great but at some point got sad. I came here and read the acts of the alcoholic and some other great posts and I am back on track. This place helps me more than anything else I have tried...
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Big hugs, Lulu. You're doing just fine.......this is hard stuff, y'know? Hang in there.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

oh and after I read the acts of an alcoholic I was tempted to write my own descprion and show it to his cousin and highlight ENABLER and put his name next to it but than I decided in was none of my business and give it to god. I also wanted to highlight about what the wife goes through and say:See if you gave a crap about your cousin and didnt think you were so much better then everyone and did some research on the disease then see how it affects us both you may actually finally help instead of ruining everything and telling me I am crazy. But again. I have no contact and I will leave this to God to handle. BUT LET ME TELL YOU it was hard not to escape back to my fix it phase and fix his cousin..LOL. I have come a log way just but this tiny thing I didnt do.
Life is good
Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
Big hugs, Lulu. You're doing just fine.......this is hard stuff, y'know? Hang in there.
Yes but today when I was asking for God for a sign that going to sign the divorce papers was a good Idea a huge van passed me on the road that said "Go" and then 5 advertising sign of vodka all over the place. So I felt i got my sign..
Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WOW! Lulu that sure was one big sign!.........You sound like you are making progress. Take care Phiz
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
qwe

Sorry to be dumb here, but where would I find these "act of the alcoholic" & "what the wife goes through" that are mentioned here? They sound like they might be good for me too...

Thank you!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear Lulu, hope you had a good Paddy's day, after coming to SR anyway.
Here's a bit of Ireland for you.

God bless