WOW...I am still here....why?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

WOW...I am still here....why?

My first post was back in July. Wife went through rehab nad failed to follow up. She has cut her drinking down QUITE a bit. In fact she rarley drinks. (however it is not summet yet). She does use MJ on occasion.

That being said things get better then worse then better then worse, you know the cycle. This weekend she sleeps most of Sunday (sick). She gets up arong dinner time and stomps around the house getting the kids ready to go out to eat. She is being her usual mean self. I question her and tell her I dont want to go out if she is going to be like that. KABOOOOOOM...

I know, I should have been nicer. I guess I walked a little hard on those eggshells. She got so bad that she was crying hysterically, screaming, swearing insulting and in a rage. This continued while she "consoled" the kids who were crying now as well. she was blaming their bad daddy.

This ends when she comes into a room I am in and clocks me when I wasn't looking on the side of the head with both hands. I tell her I will call the police and she tells the kids this and they plead with me while crying out of thier minds "no daddy" (5 and 13).

I leave for awhile and come back to sleep. The next morning she has slept in and did no tget the kids to school. I go to work and she texts me 100 times to NOT come home. She will get a restraining order against me if I do.

WOW....I get assaulted by a raging crazy woman and I have to leave MY home. AMAZING.

Anyway, Seeing how alcohol is not the factor here, she is still an alcoholic but not actively drinking, what is going on and better yet what do I do?

I have a career that may be affected by this either way, kids, home etc....

Don't even know where to go.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Sounds like my ex wife. Are there drastic mood changes?? Any chance of your wife being bi polar??
Old 03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the responses. Capt. there are mood changes and I have suggested bi polar, however her once every other month Psychiatrist hasn't diagnosed her. She refuses to discuss her visits as they are personal to her and her doctor so I dont know what progress she is making, if any, or if she is filling teh docotrs head full of BS.

Anvil. thank you for your words. I know that is what I need to do it is just hard, espescially for a male, who usually loses in the end.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Amen to that

I know where you're coming from!!
Old 03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

There is NEVER a good excuse for battery. She sounds quite unstable even if she's not drinking. I agree with Anvil about not leaving your children alone with her and also about seeking professional counsel.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Do it for your kids. Growing up around a hot mess will affect them negatively. I have been there.