therapy appt tomorrow

Old 03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

therapy appt tomorrow

Well, I went to my new therapist once.
Then I had a phone appt with him once.
Tomorrow, my husband and I will go together. My husband is grumpy and sad about it and says I am forcing him, but he's going. So, I am hopeful.

I live in a small town and have limited insurance. He is the second therapist I am trying. The first one said something inappropriate (he joked that he was just having a moment of sadism...umm...no thanks) and I switched.

This one tried to engage me in a discussion our first meeting about how he could scientifically prove the bible was real (embedded in a conversation about how healing must be emotional, physical and spiritual - which I agree with) when I realized I wasn't going to spend my therapy hour on debating about someone else's religious beliefs and told him so.
He promptly stopped and hasn't brought it up again.
If my hubby knew, it would REALLY tick him off.
So would knowing this guy is a former cop (my husband's dad is a mean cop and he HATES cops).
But, we are already driving 1.5 hours to see this guy (he's the closest) and the next closest would be 2 hours+, so I am going with it. I don't have a problem if this guy has different religious beliefs, as long as he leaves it at the door.

He told me it was going to feel like he was siding with my husband at our first appointment, but he was going to try to build rapport with him. I appreciate that and think if this is going to work (my husband going regularly and being willing to open up), this therapist is going to have to be a miracle worker, but I am leaving that possibility open!

So, send your good thoughts my way for tomorrow! Thanks!