Did you feel me channeling you all today?

Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did you feel me channeling you all today?

Haha.

I was channelling the great collective wisdom here today and you came through!

We close on the house on Thursday and there is 1/2 garage full of stuff and some yard furniture still there. I've asked xah to get his things out for well over a month so I could get in there and get anything of mine that was left. He didn't manage to get that done. He sent an email today whining about having to pay $58 to store 'mostly kids toys' and about having to take care of it all. I had a response typed out saying I'd take a day off work, hustle down there, help out, get all my things etc. I paused. I channelled the wise ones. I wondered what you'd all say to that. I deleted

Really, this is a man with no job, owes me a ton of money, is not paying child support right now, and that did nothing but make my life totally miserable when I moved the other 95% of the things out of the house without help from him. I do not need to respond to that.

:thankyou:

I'm sure I'll still need to take Wed. off to go and make sure everything is done because I do want to close on the house. I'll be so relieved to end this chapter!!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Well done!!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, awesome, wonderful.
You are nearly at the end of a long, long journey and oh boy, are you ever travelling!!

I am so happy that the "wisdom" from here came thru LOUD and CLEAR to you when you needed it.
Top marks and go to the head of the class.

"She's got it. By George, I think she's got it."

God bless
Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it's great that you did not go to his rescue!!!

If I may suggest? Call Good Samaritans or any other goodwill place where you can make an appointment to have them pick up items. Make a date for them to come. Inform your ex of the date and time and that everything will go to charity if he does not come and get it.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Please make sure to plan to do something with someone like a friend or family member on the day of closing and at least one additional day the week after closing. This is a MAJOR stressor for everyone involved and you all need social support during these times. Anything: go for coffee, to the mall, alanon or aa meeting, etc.

If you care about the other person, you might also suggest they too call a friend or family member this week.

Take care
Old 03-09-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It was kind of an ugly day today. I still make so many mistakes. Why or why did I trust that he would do this? I KNOW that I can't count on him for even the smallest things. You'll all be happy to know I deleted three more emails, lol.

I am going tomorrow to get my things and make sure the rest is gone. He called twice today. I can not talk to him. I just don't respond at all to half of what he says (more then half actually) because I can't think of a single thing to say that would improve the situation at all.

He feels so sorry for himself and continues to blame me for every single thing and acts like he has really settled for so much less then is fair and it is just warped quacking and I know it but it bothers me not to respond - yet I know responding will make no difference, I'll just feel worse. I shouldn't let it bother me because it is just more of the same - and a good reminder of why I'm glad I'm doing this.

I can get through this week. I can.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can get through this week. I can.
You will.