I need to spend more time here

Old 03-02-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

Ok, I think it is a little painful for me to acknowledge that I agree with you, because I feel if that is true, then when I say I truly cared about him, that I didn't mean it. Does that make sense?
Yes your feelings make sense but why does "being done with him" have to mean that you didn't care about him? Can't a person care about another person but be ready, intellectually, to move on? Hadn't you already learned the lesson you needed to learn but were just too hard-headed (I mean that affectionately) to take action?

I have looked back at relationships I have had where I was a drama queen, oh-whoa-is-me, SAYING how committed I was, crying my eyes out, SAYING how much I loved the person, yadayadayada, and realized, two years later, I wasn't really interested in being in a relationship with the guy to begin with!!! Trying to figure out how I got involved with them in the first place! HOW did that happen?

Didn't you KNOW in your mind, way before he went "back" to his EX, that you were done, that you weren't happy because of what he was doing or not doing, and that you preferred to have a DIFFERENT relationship? Answer Yes or No?
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, I believe that my answer to your initial question was ultimately YES. However I process my thoughts through writing, and that's they way it comes out.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So what have you been doing ever since that time that you realized that this man was NOT WHAT YOU WANTED for a love relationship? Maybe trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? Would that sum it up?
Old 03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

The time he went back to his ex and the time that I started to realize who he really was was a very short period of time.

I feel I have done so much journaling and so much writing here the past couple of days i'm kinda tapped out on thinking about what I was trying to do with him, how I felt in the past, or any of it. I am emotionally drained.
Right now, in this moment, I have vented enough and I want to move on from here and not relive it any longer. He is no longer a part of my life.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You need some emotional rest, Kittyboo. It's like you've been at a weekend intensive therapy retreat. You should get 14 hours of sleep, then go for a long morning walk and while you're walking think of all the beautiful possibilities that life holds for you.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are ready to move on. My point was in line with what you just posted, that is, it is much simpler than you know. At least it was for me.