Focusing on How Far I have Come

Old 02-28-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Focusing on How Far I have Come

hello dear friends at SR

I was answering a few posts today after a bit of a tricky weekend and decided to post about how far I have actually come! It gives me hope and healing in doing so and actually instead of the quacking this weekend from my AH (of which there was plenty), which would sometimes set me back I feel really positive and excited about what the future holds for me so wanted to share.

I AM excited about the future!.....I am taking small steps everyday but I feel really great in myself!.....I have re joined weight watchers and am losing a few pounds (slowly but surely).....I am exercising three times a week on my treadmill and am loving it!! I am making plans to go out with my girlfriends - theatre movies, coffee whatever and I am enjoying spending time with my three beautful children who bring me more and more joy each and every day. I always enjoyed time with them but now without taking on the AH BS I enjoy time with them so so much more!

I am managing to not let my AH behaviour when he has been drinking affect me in a negative way (if atall!) (which is every night!).....well I guess it is hard for it not to effect me atall as we still live in the same house but I see that I am reacting differently to it by not reacting and I am so much happier! WOW for me!

I am also making plans that I actually see now can work!...I am not afraid atall of being on my own with my three children (age 9, 5 and 3). I virtually do the single mother thing now and have done for years so that doesn't frighten me atall....I am sure it will have its moments but I see sunshine and rainbows that I couldn't see before and I wanted to share them with you all.

I miss him......I love him......I don't want to live with him while he is in the grips of his alcoholism. I have myself and my three children to put before that and thats what I am trying very hard to do.

I read somewhere who (sorry can't remember who posted it) but if someone has cancer you want to hug them, someone has alcoholism you want to smack them.

I am on the right road and thank you to you guys at SR that have helped me every single step of the way. I know there will be set backs, I know it wont be easy but I know I can do this. Take Care Phiz
Old 02-28-2010, 07:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Wow, you sound like you have the same frame of mind I got!

I worked AA (2 1/2 years sober). I'll say that I had this same high when I finally saw the light there too. What's wonderful about this "pink cloud" is that there isn't usually a low after, no crash. I just slowly mellowed out and got content (for a while at least!) Anyway, the high - Just the right amount of it will stick with us forever.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You are doing great Phiz!!