Completely OT----Job Transfer

Old 02-27-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Completely OT----Job Transfer

Hello all! It actually feels pretty good to be posting about something completely unrelated to codependancy and alcoholism. I need some insight from people that I trust to be honest with me and thought what the heck, some of you have seen me at my worst moments on this board and were very honest with me then, so why not ask my quesiton to you now!

This week I was informed that I am being transferred to another division in the company that I work for. I currently live in Denver, CO and am being told that I need to either move to Connecticut or Boston, MA, but have no knowledge of either.

Is there is anyone whom might have lived either in Boston(or it's surrounding cities) or Connecticut (New Haven, West Hartford, or Fairfield County) whom can give me insight into how they liked living there. I'm trying to figure out what area would be best for someone like me whom is single, in her mid 30's, has no children, works from home when she isn't traveling for work, will be traveling a lot between Boston, Connecticut and NY for work, enjoys the city lifestyle, but has no problem living on the outskirts of a city in a quaint town where things are a little more calm but can still commute into a metro area. I'm a little overwhelmed with this task and only have a few weeks to figure out if it will be Boston or somewhere in Connecticut before I have to take a trip to find a place to live.

I'm reaching out on a couple of city data forums with the same questions, but thought I would try here also.

Thanks to anyone whom has some insight into this very off topic question for me!

Hugs to you all!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I haven't lived there, but I did go to Conn to see the fall colors and Conn is SO SO beautiful! I met some really nice people. My husband and I particularly liked Mystic, Conn. I don't know how much you know about the East Coast, so this might not be helpful, but the houses are lovely, lots of space in between, rarely fences, so many trees...I liked it a lot!