He's now blackmailing me....

Old 02-22-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wicked View Post
yes, mlewis, stop doing his work right now.
go get help from some school officials.
and i understand how it feels to be manipulated into something.
my ex used this kind of threat to try to scare me about my veterans disability.

have you considered how ridiculous he would look if he marched into the school deans office and announced:
"my gf is doing all my work and has done all my work, you must stop her money immediately!"

good god, he hasn't thought this through has he?
does he think they will thank him and throw roses at his feet?
no, they will be interested in how he used money, or got it under false pretenses.
what a fool he is.
it is not me, but i would say,

hehehehe
i know this is a very serious matter, and i mean no disrespect, but dude, wicked, you completely cracked me up with this post.

mlewis,

sweetheart, please, let us know you are listening. i think you need to go and stay somewhere safe for at least a few days, while you are no-contact, and of course not doing his coursework. i know how things can snowball....this is absolutely ludicrous. you were trying to help, i know, but one of the major recurring themes here on this board, is that they HAVE to suffer consequences of their addiction, OR THEY DONT EVER QUIT. so, i know you love him, but if you really do, prove it by letting him fall.

now, make some plans, stay safe, and just do it a step at a time.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post
i know this is a very serious matter, and i mean no disrespect, but dude, wicked, you completely cracked me up with this post.
Thank you coffeedrinker. Yeah, sarcasm got me through the end days.

mlewis,

sweetheart, please, let us know you are listening. i think you need to go and stay somewhere safe for at least a few days, while you are no-contact, and of course not doing his coursework. i know how things can snowball....this is absolutely ludicrous. you were trying to help, i know, but one of the major recurring themes here on this board, is that they HAVE to suffer consequences of their addiction, OR THEY DONT EVER QUIT. so, i know you love him, but if you really do, prove it by letting him fall.

now, make some plans, stay safe, and just do it a step at a time.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Slag and everyone else: Before I go on, I'll add this disclaimer. Everything expressed in this post and every other post by me is my opinion only and should not be considered legal advice in any way.

That being said, I am an attorney. In my experience, I have NEVER known anyone who has suffered any detriment from consulting an attorney and finding out what their legal rights are. That's what attorneys are for. It's confidential. Period. End of story. There are a couple of exceptions that I'm aware of, but as far as I can remember from law school, they don't remotely apply here.

I would tell anyone that has a question about legal their position to advise an attorney in their state. This is not because I'm an attorney, but because it's a smart thing to do. While I do understand your position to have the poster sit with herself, she may have an easier time sitting with herself and calming down if she knows exactly what her legal rights are.

In addition to the above, I can speak from the other side of this because I've dealt with several lying, manipulative vindictive alcoholics, including my grandfather, father and xabf myself. Sometimes the high road is not the best place. I'm concerned with the poster, not the crazy alcoholic that is threatening to torpedo her future.

Again, with all due respect, I see from your previous posts that you are a recovering alcoholic. I commend you for that, but I think the prospective might be a little different here.

ML: If your school does not have an attorney on staff, private message me and I can point you to some resources for finding an attorney to consult with free of charge in your area if you decide you want to follow through with that.

Hugs!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am not talking about the "don't talk, don't tell" rules of an abusive relationship.

I am saying first things first getting out of an aberrant relationship is difficult enough.......then make a decision regarding any other matters with the help of those who are qualified.

In my experience hasty decisions usually were my undoing. I needed to start the healing process with the support of others before I bared my soul or any acts to any authorities who simply may not understand the situation.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick View Post
Slag .

Again, with all due respect, I see from your previous posts that you are a recovering alcoholic. I commend you for that, but I think the prospective might be a little different here.
Nope I am coming from an Alanon perspective been doing that for the past 30 years. And working very closely with those coming out of unhealthy relationships. My professional experience is not for an open forum, suffice it to say we all are here to help each other. I am just sharing what I have experienced.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
To thine own self be true.

I agree with NYC. I don't want to scare the O.P. MLewis so suffice it to say that she needs to protect herself from the legal repercussions of any accusations she misused Federal monies. This is no laughing matter. I INCORRECTLY answered "No" to a question on my Student loan application and three months later, when the error was discovered, they sent me a bill for $3,500. I was liable for that money, under Federal law.