name calling

Old 02-22-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

name calling

ok...i really don't get this. what is the point of an adult calling people names...what does he get out of it. it is 8:22 in the morning and i've already been told i'm an idiot and dumb a....really??? why??? what does he get out of that??? it doesn't hurt anymore, i am just always surprised that an adult would act that way!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Name calling is for small-minded people.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i am just always surprised that an adult would act that way!

It's very sad. I sometimes overhear people around town, and the way they speak to each other gives me chills down my spine. Often with kids right there who are learning that abusive, demeaning dynamic from the front row. Yuk.

I try to stay far far away from hostility like that.

peace-
b
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hate to admit it..but the last fight I had with my AXBF resulted in me doing the name calling. I do NOT fight this way, it has never been my way. However, after living with it for SO LONG, and having my buttons pushed for SO LONG, I just couldn't help myself!

It is immature, childish, and NOT the way I want to act toward anyone. Just knowing I was pushed to such an edge, makes me ashamed of myself!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IamSaved View Post
I hate to admit it..but the last fight I had with my AXBF resulted in me doing the name calling. I do NOT fight this way, it has never been my way. However, after living with it for SO LONG, and having my buttons pushed for SO LONG, I just couldn't help myself!

It is immature, childish, and NOT the way I want to act toward anyone. Just knowing I was pushed to such an edge, makes me ashamed of myself!
Realizing how I was allowing myself to act in response to the hostility and chaos in my house was a significant part of my need to GET OUT! I want to be someone I can be proud of again. I know exactly what you mean.

And to mentallyexH,
In my next life, I will be looking for a grown-up to spend time with. I got all the childishness I can handle in my 3 actual children!:rotfxko
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The fact that it doesn't hurt anymore is disturbing...
Does it not hurt because you see it for the awful unacceptableness that it is - in which case you taking actions to ensure it won't happen to you again
OR
does it not hurt because you are numb to the abuse?

It's abuse.

Never acceptable.

Please take care of yourself.

Hugs.
w
Old 02-22-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe when the mind degrades through nothing but negative influence or loss of brain cells, all manner of debate with others results in nothing but useless verbal diarrhea.

I could barely hold a conversation at times with my XABF as we spearated. There were times when I asked if he wanted to keep this or that or if he wanted to take something of mine I no longer wanted, he would grunt replies or just look at me with a pained expression as if it hurt to think. Once he had his daily drunk going some of his replies just came out as hissed profanity. I guess at those moments, civilized use of language had escaped him. Sad.

Alice
Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Name-calling is just...sad. I too go called "insane", "crazy", "f*cked up", etc etc.

So remember:

La pluie de tes insultes n'atteint pas le parapluie de mon indifférence.
(the storm of your insults cannot penetrate the umbrella of my indifference)

Arm yourself with one of these...
Old 02-22-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This is verbal/emotional abuse and it does harm you...please read the stickies about it!
Old 02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry you get this #@*&% to face anytime but, yikes!! for him to be such a offensive grouch so early in the morning. I need at least a shower, 2 coffee's and a good breakfast before I can get up the steam to be nasty, tho I guess I could make exceptions for some of the dickwits described by posters on this forum. Yours is one of those. So this is for him and those who qualify.

God bless