Dreams

Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dreams

Someone had a dream about baking a cake the other night, I can't remember who, sorry.

I wanted to add a couple of dreams I've had in the past few days. I often dream in metaphors and when I think about them I realize what they really mean.

In the first dream I was living in an apartment building and I found out that the people living on the top floor didn't have a roof over them, their place was open to the air. Apparently the landlord did have a roof but which he kept somewhere else but only put on the building when he felt like it. The people living there were grateful for a place to live and didn't seem to expect a roof!

Wow! This is like me with my ex ABF, taking the crumbs of his affection and not expecting him to be kind, thoughtful, tell the truth, pay me what he owes me etc., the things any normal person would give me automatically.

I had the second dream last night. I was living in an apartment and I was trying to paint the walls. After I'd finished the paint went horribly lumpy with big bulges and boils. So I tried again, this time putting the paint on really thick. But again it failed, the thick paint oozed down the walls.

Finally, I decided to move out of the apartment. I said to my friend "Let someone else try to paint it. I don't care if I have to pay, I'm out of here". Another metaphor for my relationship.

Interestingly I have never dreamed directly about my ex. Perhaps it is too painful and can only be approached by using metaphors.

Spinner