The blues

Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The blues

I don't know if this is S.A.D. or just situational, but I have been struggling a lot with my mood in the past week; I have trouble sleeping yet I am always tired, I feel a lack of concentration, and a constant struggle to keep my spirits up. I find this noticeable slump in my emotions rather alarming considering my family's tendency towards major depressive episodes.

Perhaps it's the fact that I have just instructed my lawyer to begin drafting legal proceedings against my X. I found myself shaking uncontrollably throughout our discussion, even though she informs me that she cannot begin drafting these documents until the 15th as she is in court until then...so nothing's going to happen for a while. Perhaps it's just fatigue. I don't know. I'm certainly not jumping for joy.

I just find this time very unsettling.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe try to not go jumping into that pool of things you are afraid of right now. You are going through a MAJOR, MAJOR life event, if you are situationally depressed, that would make sense. I think you have been moving forward very well, for what it's worth.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Noday..You've been going full force for the past couple of months since your big move. You body/mind are probably trying to catch up with some much needed rest. Can you leave DD with grandma/pa for a day and go for a massage followed by a dark room and a good nap?? Could you rent a movie some night (a comedy)...or better yet...get out of the house and go to one? Have a good laugh and enjoy a bucket of buttery popcorn and some milk duds! Get your mind off of things for awhile.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, I was just going to read you my patented "beat the blues" laundry list, but anvil beat me to it.

I do all of the above and currently I take the herb skullcap at night before going to bed. It ensures that I am fully recharged in the morning, and that the exhaustion of bad sleep can't keep perpetuating itself from day to day. Lack of sleep is public enemy number one when you're trying to deal with a stressful situation. You'll be amazed at the difference when you are getting eight good hours in for more than a day at a time.

And of course the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" on the 15th can't help. Cut yourself a lot of slack until then, noday. Pretend you're taking care of a very stressed-out but beloved friend who can't make progress on her situation for a few more days, and just needs all the hugs and patience and tenderness she can get.

Hey, kinda like we are!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just sending you some "accept the pain and sadness and do it anyway" vibes and hugs.
And I think you should snuggle in bed with your sweet bambino. She is teh joy of your life.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Gosh Noday, your mind and body can only take so much before it screams for time out.
Look at all you have on your plate right now, what you have coped with and let yourself take a breather for a bit of R and R.

Tell yourself, (ok, try and convince yourself) that this next few days are for YOU, and put all the hassles you have now, have already had and those you anticipate having,
IN THE TOO DAMNED HARD BASKET.

Do as suggested in the above posts, slow down, chill out, whatever it takes to recharge your spirit, mind and body and feel human again.

God bless

Old 02-05-2010, 06:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your awesome support and suggestions.

I've decided to talk to my boss today to ask about taking 1 day a week off without pay for the next month or so, just to have an extra day a week to relax, perhaps sleep in, go see my lawyer or my new therapist, and take some much needed ME time. It'll be a bit of a financial hit, but I think it's all worth it.

Thanks again for your kind support. SR ROCKS!
Old 02-05-2010, 07:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Old 02-05-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

fab idea, when I had a couple of months where I took fridays as leave it was great, I felt really giddy and lightheaded on those days. It was a complete luxury: enjoy them