Hi Im new, need to talk

Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Cashfan...just wanted to add my welcome to the list! So much great advice above from many experienced people.
I have nothing to add that others haven't already said - just to say I am working hard on focusing on myself - it takes time and it takes plenty practice (right people?!)......some days I feel like I have taken many steps back overnight but I just keep taking one step in front of the other, take each day as it comes, keep reading and keep posting. SR keeps me sane! and it is so wonderful to know we are not alone. I am definately moving forward taking baby steps and enjoying finally allowing myself to focus on myself and working out what I truly want. You take care and keep posting.......people here really do care.....and understand. Phiz :0)
Old 02-02-2010, 06:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jadmack25 View Post

Do not feel you have to sentence yourself to caring for someone who does not care about himself, his health and body or for that fact, not even you.

Just because he has sacrificed himself on that alco altar, doesn't mean you jump on it with him. You have done wonders with your career and have dreams, so please go for them, and don't let your life be sidetracked by your AH's nightmare life drinking himself to death.
I agree with this philosphy whole-heartedly. I just don't see the sense in getting dragged down with him. Save yourself. Live fully. He's made his choice, now you can make yours. You sound like such a sweet person -- I'd love to think that you love yourself enough to fulfill your potential.

Go. Be a forensic scientist. (((Hugs))))
Old 02-03-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh wow, I am so touched by everyone's posts to me, thank you all so much. this is the first time I have been so open about all of this, the annonimity of the internet, yet so many deep caring people. Im so glad i found this wonderful group. All your advice is so much appreciated, and I am listening to all of you. Baby steps is all I can do right now, but posting here is the first step. I will go to alanon, I will soon. Whether I leave him or not, I cant decide yet, he is so sick, I am thinking he needs to be in hospital, but I realise he has to want to go. Thanks for the compliments you gave me for being a firey, it has really shown me that I can do anything if I try hard. It has also given me confidence, new skills, and I have made a whole new group of friends. Forensic science is my next goal, I really want this. You are all so lovely, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Welcome to SR, much healing around I love it ..when I'm down, others lend me their hand here, and when I feel better I can offer a sympathetic ear at least... these wonderful people (most of them ladies) are what is missing so much at least in my culture, women bonding and offering their experiences, wisdom, different or fresh ideas, and above all the hope that goes with knowing that it is possible to be free and to renew oneself... to choose something different.... to let go of the past... to allow joy and peace...

I ride my own emotional rollercoaster but it gets easier to come back to ease and acceptance other than staying in my own hell believing no one else has felt the way I do or that there is no hope. There is much hope!

I never met a firefighter!! that's awesome...
Old 02-04-2010, 01:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

thank you taking charge,