understanding AH 5 months later...please help

Old 01-30-2010, 05:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Read your post and oh my dear, you are still copping the quacking, this time from a non-drinking man. His actions have not changed at all have they? Ok, he is not drinking, but he is still not interested in supporting his family by working, and is still heaping blame on, and giving advice to you.

If he were working on his recovery and committed to his own problems, he would not still be acting that way.

If this is him sober, then the drinking was only a part of his behavior that you were unhappy with, and he seems to be the lazy, whinging old grump he was when drunk.

Do you want to return to him as he is, which is not much different to what he was and that you had to leave?

I would minimise contact and help yourself make your life and your children's as good, happy and contented as you can.

Keep us up to date please.

God bless
Old 01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would minimise contact and help yourself make your life and your children's as good, happy and contented as you can.

Keep us up to date please.

God bless
What Jadmack said sunnyvols.
I am speaking as a codie and recovering alcoholic.
Beth
Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My RAH went into treatment 4 months ago. He is out now, living in a sober house.

To me what's important is what I am doing. I'm going to Al Anon and in counseling. I've started taking an exercise class for the first time in over a decade. I have a vacation planned with my son in two weeks, just the two of us.

My point is that we can go crazy focusing on others. Everything I've read and heard in Al Anon indicates that for most alcoholics it is a slow journey. There are many behaviors that are difficult for them to overcome, and I don't mean just the drinking.

I am really trying to focus on myself and my son as much as possible. I still talk to and see my husband, and we are in therapy together. I know I'm not ready to live with him again. Don't know if I ever will be, but for now, I'm focusing on the present.

Don't know if this helps you...good luck.