Grrrr!!!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 11:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grrrr!!!!!

AH was "laid off," I suspect fired, last March. He has done the absolute minimum to stay on unemployment...in our state, apply for two or three jobs a week. Many jobs are beneath him, he thinks. He won't apply for seasonal work, because what if something better comes up? (I don't know, maybe give two weeks notice and take the better job?)

I currently hold two part time jobs. (Looking for full time but times are tough) Today I worked a full day. (Yea!) I come home. I look into the freezer and pull out a chicken breast and set it in a pot of simmering water to thaw/cook. I suppose I could have microwaved it, but I've had better luck this way.

Over the next 40 minutes, he asks several times what's going on with dinner, when will it be ready, finally complaining that he's hungry. I tell him he has leftover steak in the fridge, if he's hungry. I hear nothing. I look. He's scowling. I repeat, you have a leftover steak in the fridge, if you're hungry right now. "I know!" he snaps and scowls at me, and doesn't move his rump off the couch.

He's home all day every day. He starts drinking no later than noon. And somehow he expects that dinner will magically appear on a plate the second he decides to stop drinking and eat.