I lost it

Old 01-22-2010, 02:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Arrow Update

Thanks friends. I posted some of what's going on with me here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ed-detach.html

I'm just like my name, sad but hopeful. I'm grieving my marriage. Even though we're living under the same roof, it's not a real marriage to me.

I think I'm going to stop doing his laundry. I'm sick of this. Why do I have to slave away while he just sits around all day for the past 2 1/2 years???
Old 01-22-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Honey, you legally obliged to cook, clean and care for your children, but NOWHERE does it say you slave away for a lazy, drunk anyone, husband or not.

If he isn't into a Recovery Program, have you thought of the following program for him?

It consists of a map showing where to go, a purse of coins and a bag of HIS dirty washing. You then open your door, point him to it saying, "GO FOR IT".

Otherwise you will continue

God bless
Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SadButHopeful View Post
He didn't.
Sorry to say, I could see that one coming.

I am at the stage of saying to myself 'I have heard it all before' and 'Actions not words' with my own AH. I have lost count of the number of times he has made promises to change, drink less etc - it never lasts long.

I would say your signature sadbuthopeful is very apt for you, being hopeful is a good thing but not when it is accompanied by being let down and that being let down, bitterness and resentment is what you end up feeling and so the cycle continues. Al-anon produces a leaflet call Merry-Go-Round that I found extremely helpful. I think it is on a sticky at the top of the page.