Could it be something else?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Could it be something else?

Here's what happened yesterday and this morning.
AH came home and announced that somebody hit his truck in the parking lot while he was in the store. The passenger side front corner was little bit scratched and the light panel loose. I could tell that he had been drinking already but I never can tell how much. He said that 2 beers. And he was mad like hell about the accident, called the insurance, mumbled and stumbled around. Then took the shower and when he came out, he marched right in the bedroom where our daughter was taking the nap and turned the lights on. He FORGOT that she was sleeping! Woke her up of course. Then he even stumbled on his own foot and fell on the floor and then blamed it on child's chair and toys. Then he was looking for something and was angry that somebody again took advantage of him. I didn't even ask what that was about. After sitting on the porch for awhile he came in and curled up in the corner of the couch, with his hood on, freezing. It is kinda chilly here, but not that cold. Then he asked if he took the shower already. I was just looking at him, what you can't remember that you woke daughter up after the shower??? Then he said that oh yeah, my hair is still wet, I must have taken the shower. He asked if there was anything warm to eat, I heated up the soup for him. Which he never eat and he went to bed after 8 pm.
So this morning I got up and he was still at home. After he went out he came back in a minute and told me to come out and see something. I went out thinking "what now". He showed me that somebody had crashed into his truck like he saw it for the first time. HE DIDN'T REMEMBER IT AT ALL! I said that duh, it happened yesterday. Then he was like oh, I'm remembering it now. I also said that as far as I'm concerned it could have been him hitting something. He said that he'd remember that but it looked like he wasn't sure at all. He left saying thanks for your support. Yep, no support from me for your stupid drunken "happenings". He also said that he was so angry that he didn't remember. Isn't this just the most stupidest thing you have heard? Now he even called from work to state that he didn't remember because he was so angry.
What I'm wondering is that could he be using something else that's causing such a memory loss? I haven't noticed anything.. Or the other option is that he really just drank so much. I don't know what time he finished his work yesterday, he said that around 2 or 3, he was at home by 4 pm...
Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

beatrix, I know you have a plan to get away from this, but it's off in the future somewhere.

Is there any chance you can accelerate it, move it up, before it gets so bad that you or your daughter get hurt? Or before he does something (like hurt himself) that will trap you as his enabler forever?

He does not sound in his right mind, and I worry for you.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ummmm the word "BLACKOUT" comes to mind.....and he is a very dangerous man out there on our roads sweetie.....what if he had hit someone and left the scene of the accident. Its possible isn't it? Whether he remembers it or not it won't change what he did. Now what are YOU going to do to change this environment?

Janitw