My Husband took his own life Sat

Old 01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
cmc

Deb, I'm so sorry for your loss & will be sending prayers for some extra comfort and strength for both you and your daughter. I've lost a family member to suicide many years ago. (((((WizeDeb)))).

Please continue to take good care of yourself.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Dear Deb,

I'm so terribly sorry to read of your husbands suicide. I sincerely hope he's found peace.
My thoughts & prayers are with you & your daughter & all your extended family. Sending my love & prayers to you all as you begin the difficult journey to your own peace.

Helen
Old 01-15-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

deb

(((hugs))) i haven't logged on here in a while, but something told me to today and now i know it was to pray for you and your family!!! my prayers are with you.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I am sorry.
My A threatens suicide a lot lately.
I am afraid. He is unstable. I am also being severely emotionally abused, and one of the main reasons that I have not put a PFA on him is that I fear the lack of contact will drive him to take his life.

So, I cannot even fathom what you are dealing with. Guilt is natural for healthy relationships when suicide is involved, but having a conflicted and angry time with him must make it tenfold. I know that you will make it through, and there will be light in you and your daughters lives again. I am praying for your heart to heal.

God Bless You.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

Just checking on on ya, hon.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

I am so sorry... sooo.. very sorry. My prayers are with you and your daughter
Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I believe in God and I have trust that he is at peace. All the inner turmoil that was running through his head is gone. I am not suicidal now but have been in the past. Please understand his life was his battle to get through and some of us can't silence the negativity and find serenity.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buffalo66 View Post
I am sorry.
My A threatens suicide a lot lately.
I am afraid. He is unstable. I am also being severely emotionally abused, and one of the main reasons that I have not put a PFA on him is that I fear the lack of contact will drive him to take his life.

So, I cannot even fathom what you are dealing with. Guilt is natural for healthy relationships when suicide is involved, but having a conflicted and angry time with him must make it tenfold. I know that you will make it through, and there will be light in you and your daughters lives again. I am praying for your heart to heal.

God Bless You.
Buffalo - this is some serious stuff you are saying and I hear you asking for help (without asking). Why don't you start a new thread with this?
You need to take care of yourself first. You can't stop anyone from doing what they choose to do.
Please read and consider calling a hotline to talk this over:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

Please read: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...out-abuse.html
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

You have my deepest sympathies. I know your loss. You and your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers....
Old 01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

You are not at fault for his suicide. It was his choice, the only choice he could make based on his perception of reality at the time. When the pain of living becomes too great and you are unwilling to do anything about it then the outlook is bleak. I can share this with you from my own experience. I threatened numerous times while I was in active addiction. Threatened suicide as I railed against my wife. She watched, helpless, as I self-destructed. I tried five times to kill myself. I tried huge doses of potassium chloride, huge doses pf xanax and alcohol, huge doses of painkillers mixed with alcohol, until finally I plunged a 6" kitchen knife into my abdomen making a mess out of my insides. I should have died on each try but did not. I was so wrapped up in my own self-made misery I was blind to her suffering. The last attempt, the knife, if I had succeeded the police could have charged her with murder..
I survived and am sober today. I am grateful for this. I have also known too many others who succeeded and the world is less of a place because of it, my sister being one of them....... I hope this for his memory; those who are alcoholics/addicts may learn from his life and avoid such an end. From his passing others will live. You and your daughter will grieve and eventually realize how you did all you could do. You are free, he is free. Move forward, live, grow, share your experience with others..... your pain through grief is growth into a new life....
Old 01-16-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Keeping you in mind. So glad you saw the Dr. and the therapist.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Unhappy My Son....

My heart aches for you and your daughter. I was where you are now back in 2002 when my son tried suicide but lived. He is 40 years old and a quadriplegic. The shock of it all is still with me. I did go for counseling when I found I was not going anywhere with my emotions.

He was in the Trauma Hospital then transferred to the VA Hospital for more therapy and counseling. He had caregivers in his home but he is now in an Adult Assisted Living facility for people with Special Needs.

It is about 100 miles from where we live so do see him often. He was in the Navy for four years just out of highschool & came home with a drinking problem that got worse as time went by.

He had depression & the predisposition for alcoholism from our family history so do I. I have been sober 21 years now & he & I were so close. Now it is like there is a plexiglass window between us so we don't let our emotional feelings run riot.

I will think of you both often and say a prayer each night when I say a prayer for my son, Eric.

kelsh