when does the sober A truly begin to take responsibility?

Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I realized after reading down a bit, that it was an old thread.
I hoped you would come on with an update. As long as you haven't given up, you will be ok. You know what you need to do.
Take care of you. He has had his chance.
Get him out. He has a HUGE ego. His stubbornness and lack of humility will destroy all of you.
Anne
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Some people are just like that.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am sorry for your pain and I hope you are able to take responsibility for getting you and your son out of a physically abusive environment.

Thank you for posting your update as it is helpful for me to face the reality of the disease of alcoholism. I do have hope that my "R"AH will move from abstinence to true recovery but what helps me most is the faith I have in my HP and in my ability to change and be the person I want to be and provide as best I can to my children the life that they deserve.

Have you gone back to alanon?
Old 04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What do you get when an ******* sobers up? A sober *******.

The same question remains now that he's sober as when he wasn't. Is this the person you really want to live the rest of your life with? If so, accept that he will not change and move on with your life with him. If not, move on with your life without him.

Your decision, your responsibility, your remaining life that gets shorter every day.

Cyranoak
Old 05-12-2012, 06:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

update

thanks again to all of you for your support. to keepingmyjoy1 - thanks so much for sharing what hte other person wrote that helped you - helped me too just now. AH is 27 days into his recovery - going to church everyday and meetings 3x a week. we're both working to change - him to stay in recovery and work the steps and me to go back to alanon and stop the codependencde that drags me down everytime. it's hard work this stuff - the sorrow comes in waves - but I'm swimming through them. I won't go down that rabbit hole again. separate rooms for us still and it's good - we're learning to recover separately but still be together during the process for our son. The situation is fragile yes but hopeless no. when I can't make alanon I come to SR. thank you thank you thank you.