Strange!

Old 01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Strange!

Was talking to ABF tonight...he was flustered from something unrelated to drinking etc.
He also mentioned that he spoke to his Mother and she was a wreck, completely and emotionally drained. He said, the she told him she doesn't want to live with her husband(my abf's step-father whom he grew up with) anymore, she said he drinks too much.

I knew both his mother and step-father drank, but apparently he's hiding bottles now, and going to bed for the night starting in the afternoons etc. They are both in thier late sixtys.
He was recently in the hospital for over a month due to H1N1 and pneumonia, so I guess he's making up for lost time!

My abf's biological father drank too (still around but they don't talk very much, if at all anymore) so this is pretty scary to me.
Make me think this is a glimpse into my future if I stay.....that one day my children will be posting here about thier step-dad who is an alcoholic and now they have problems!

Scary, scary stuff!
This might all be over with sooner than later. ABF is still sober (since new years day) but he told me his buddies from where he used to live are bugging him to go for a visit. (Up north)
Every single one of his friends up there have drinking problems. I'm not joking. I have a hard time believing that ABF is going to go up and be asking for juice or water while visiting old friends, while they're all cracking open beers and mixing drinks and playing poker.

If he goes and tells me he's not drinking, I'll have a very hard time believing him.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yeah, there are reasons that A's choose the friends they have. And there are reasons they go see them, too. Mine called it "hunting" and he did go sit in a field with his gun, but he always came home schnockered.