SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   O MAN, suckered in again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/191243-o-man-suckered-again.html)

pray4joy 12-28-2009 02:31 PM

O MAN, suckered in again

As you may or may not know, I am trying to get gainful employment so that I can move out.
Even though he is abstaining, it doesn't stop, I guess this time is my fault. My fault by trying to be "civil" while we wait to move on.
AH has a slight cold, you would think he is dying. The past two days has been full of his moaning and complaining Mr.Misery. Now I've had a cold before and I do know it is miserable...but here is the rub, after 2 days of basically ignoring him I got sucked in...he asked if I would make him some Chicken Noodle Soup. What a piece of work, I didn't make it right, didn't serve it in the correct mug and it was too hot...it erupted into the horror of horrors. My fault, I should have declined the request and had him instead complain that I wouldn't make him soup. AH's - can't live with them, can't kill them and certainly can't please them. He is ALWAYS abusive when he doesn't feel well...whining, simpering and disgusting! Even if he hasn't been drinking. I should have just taken the dog for a walk instead.
I can't wait til I get on my own.

Cowgirl1265 12-28-2009 03:06 PM

Oh, he's just priceless,isn't he?

Here's praying that everything comes together for you soon so you can make that new start without him dragging you down.

laurie6781 12-28-2009 03:38 PM

Just a thought as to what you can do ................................ go to the nearest pharmacy and get yourself some of those throwaway masks.

Start wearing one around the house, when he questions you, your reply can simply be:

"Well you feel seem to be so miserable, for all I know you have the swine flu, so I am just protecting myself."

Any further comments from him, you can become a broken record, saying:

"Gee you better go to the ER and get yourself checked out."

Over and over and over.

He'll either shut up or go to the ER to find out it is just a cold.

Just because he is not drinking does not mean you will see a 'sunny side' of him, as actually he is probably more miserable detoxing all the booze and whatever else out of his system, he would be miserable even without a cold.

Now might be the perfect time for you to check out some Al-Anon meetings. Not only have meetings helped me over the years with my own issues, I have also many times found 'help' from members for some of lifes problems ie a place to stay, a job offer, someone who was willing to sell me a car on payments, all sorts of things. It sure helped me a ton to build that network of friends and acquaintances in AA and Al-Anon.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing as we do care very much.

Love and hugs,

bookwyrm 12-28-2009 04:28 PM

Your post reminded me of this: YouTube - "Man Cold" from Man Stroke Woman

I don't mean to be flippant, but sometimes, when STBXAH was acting out and frustrating the heck out of me, I needed to take a step back and look at how ridiculous he was being and laugh!

pray4joy 12-28-2009 04:34 PM

Bookwyrm you are the greatest...I roflolpmp
That was exactly what I needed. I guess my sense of humor is still intact.
Anyway Grumblebunny fell asleep and the dog thought his soup was perfectly delicious.
THANKS DARLIN!

FreeBird09 12-28-2009 04:52 PM

Ugghh.. I remember them days!! How HORRIBLE!! Sorry you have to be subjected to that!. The one that USE TO BE MINE.. would sit on the couch for DAYS on end, how sick. I mean, in the head!. Detoxing, I am sure. Wishing to be drinking more and more, I am more sure!. I am terribly happy to be out of that. I use to think I would die without him, and at times I miss him like crazy, but posts like these makes me so happy, deep to the core happy, that he is GONE!!. I still cry a bit, now and again, but on a whole.. his punishment towards me was enough to damage the core of my being.

I will pray that you get the HECK out of there! and FAST!.. The dog deserved the soup more then he did! You can bet on that one!!.. ;-)

bookwyrm 12-29-2009 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by pray4joy (Post 2471118)
Bookwyrm you are the greatest...I roflolpmp
That was exactly what I needed. I guess my sense of humor is still intact.
Anyway Grumblebunny fell asleep and the dog thought his soup was perfectly delicious.
THANKS DARLIN!

You're welcome!! :D

KeepPedaling 12-29-2009 01:06 AM

FUNNY video!!!