It's Complicated

Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Complicated

Have you seen the movie "It's Complicated"? It just came out in theaters Christmas Day. Yesterday my daughter and I went to see it and for the first time in a VERY long time I LAUGHED OUT LOUD! What an amazing feeling to actually laugh out loud. Once I started laughing I didn't want to stop!

The movie has nothing to do with alcoholism but it is about a divorced couple of 10 years and all the hurt, fear and emotional journey that goes along with relationships ending. And it has everything to do with the woman (Meryl Streep) finding herself along the way.

If your spirit needs a lift. If you need to laugh out loud. If you need to laugh at yourself and your ex in a positive happy way then this is a great movie to see.

The Holidays are a tough time for so many of us. I just wanted to share my experience with this movie here. Maybe some of you will enjoy it too and suddenly find yourself laughing out loud again as I did!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds good, For - maybe I'll go tomorrow since I'm off all week. I've never been to a movie by myself before. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you go you will have to let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did. And don't worry about going alone. I've done that many times and enjoyed myself just as much as with someone.

Whoever wrote the script for that movie obviously has some insight into life's journey of finding one's self.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I saw an interview with the woman who wrote the script. She is divorced. No doubt she's been through a journey herself. The movie is playing right up the street. I think I'll go see it!
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Going alone didn't last long. Now have a date with a girlfriend who is also off work tomorrow. Yay - CHICK FLICK! Can't wait, and yes, I'll let you know. Love Meryl Streep. Did you see "Out of Africa"? One of my faves.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I saw this movie yesterday also! Loved it. Very sweet/sad/happy/funny. I loved the young son-in-law who is "privvy" to what's really going on in the movie and wants to be supportive to everyone. He was adorable, and of course, Meryl Streep was outstanding. Steve Martin has a minor role that was terrific, and Alec Baldwin was superb as the moron-but-still-kind-of-lovable ex-husband who sees life as "all about himself" (LOL!).

I loved it. Great chick-flick or guy-girl flick (with the right guy )
Old 12-28-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love Meryl Streep in almost everything she has played in but I particularly liked her in this movie. And yes the soon to be son-in-law is adorable!

I didn't really think of this as a chick flick. There were plenty of men in the audience and they seem to enjoy it as much as the ladies. Especially the web came scene which I won't spoil for those who have not seen it yet! LOL! But no doubt every woman that has been married, raised children and traveled through the emotional journey of life and love will appreciate and relate to this film.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just got back from seeing "It's Complicated". You were right Forever4you - it was a very good laugh out loud! Did you notice the daughter and son-in-law's names were Laura and Harley? Too funny! And yes, Harley's role was fantastic, Meryl was wonderful as always, Alex Balwin played a good heel, and Steve Martin was dear and sensitive. All in all, well worth the price of the ticket. Good recommendation For!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I saw it with my mom on Saturday and we both laughed out loud many times throughout the movie : )
Old 12-30-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Tigger11 and got that laugh out loud experience. I would see it again!
Old 01-01-2010, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi,

I want to see this movie, but infidelity stuff still triggars me. Did anyone who saw this get triggared by that?
Old 01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

No, not really. But then, I don't really know if my STBX-AH cheated on me. All the signs are there, but he was never caught. Interestingly, in this movie, it almost doesn't feel like cheating, because the x-husband is married 10 years to the young chick he cheated on his wife with, and now he's having an affair with his x-wife, and the young chick is pretty awful.

But if I were you, I'd pick another movie. Avoiding triggers is a GOOD thing. And there are plenty of other movies. I've heard Avatar in 3D is spectacular.