VENT - AH slept through fire alarm (again)!!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

VENT - AH slept through fire alarm (again)!!

I'm sorry this is just a biiiiiiigggg vent!! I am soo angry I can't think straight and just need to get this out...
I was out grocery shopping tonight... just before I got to our apt. I checked my phone and saw that my Landlord had called... he left a voicemail saying that our upstairs neighbor called him because the firealarm in our apt. was ringing and it smelled like something was burning. I called my landlord back, while pulling into the driveway to tell him that I just got home (because he was on his way over and lives about 40 minutes away). I ran into the apt., two firealarms as loud as can be, the apt full of smoke and the oven set to 550 (and what appears to be ashes of nachos on a baking sheet inside of it)!!!!! My AH passed out in the bed!!!! REALLY????? WTF????? He must have slept through at least 20-25 minutes of the ringing of the fire alarms... and it took me a minute trying to get him out of bed!!! He's so f......g high and drunk right now and is sitting in the living room looking ashamed. HE SHOULD BE F.....G ASHAMED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

Ha, and this isn't even the first time he has left the oven or stove on and just passed out... the only difference was that all the previous times, I was there and were able to shut off the firealarm and turn off the oven, before our landlord was called!! I feel so bad for our landlord... he is such a great landlord - ALWAYS on top of everything - he even dropped off a christmas present for us - and now this. He really doesn't deserve this!!! Heck, and while I'm at it - I don't deserve this s..t either!!!!!

Sorry again, I know this isn't a very helpful post.... just really needed to get this out!!!! Merry f.......g christmas .... what a wonderful holiday season this year!!! AHHHHH!!!!

One more reason to leave.... we'll see if I will be able to (hopefully sooner than later!).
Old 12-23-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Omg. what a nightmare. First and foremost i'm glad that no one was seriously hurt!

Ugggghhhhhhh! That's all I have to say .
Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

My goodness. Prayers going out for you. Try to regroup and let go and make an escape plan

Hugs!
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am glad no one was hurt or died.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say....my AH never left the oven on, but the toaster oven w/ burnign bagels or food etc......and I always would get up because of the smell - it was usually in the middle of the night. Truly this is insanity...I'm glad everything turned out ok. It amazes me here how many stories I can relate too!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

my xABF's brother, johnny, did the same thing.

he was at a friend's house and three of them were drinking: brother johnny, billy and billy's girlfriend, helen. they were all drunk and cooking and all passed out. the house went on fire and helen died. johnny and billy survived.

billy, unable to live with himself now that helen was dead, began drinking harder. johnny joined in. the two of them would empty bottle after bottle of vodka. billy lost the use of his legs. couldn't walk anymore thru drink. didn't stop him.

one day, johnny had a seizure in billy's flat, from the drink. billy dragged himself with his arms down the sidewalk for help. the ambulance came and johnny lived.

a few months later, billy was alone drinking and fell and hit his head on the bathtub and died.

johnny kept drinking. then, he did just what your husband did, and fell asleep while cooking. he burned the kitchen down and the firemen came and pulled him out. his landlord threw him out and he was homeless for a while, just couch surfing.

then, he got his own place. he asked me to hook up his cooker for him. i refused, saying he wasn't responsible enough to cook.

johnny is still drinking.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

.......naive goes on to face her powerlessness, practice true kindess, and nurtures her faith that The Universe is really in charge.
She embraces compassion and wisdom.
Naive becomes a living angel on earth, spreading her unyielding hope in the goodness of all things to tormented souls in the internet.

And we all lived happily ever after.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I grew my wings to fly...

Thank God no one was hurt. This makes me even happier that the AXBF is still, and ALWAYS will be my X. He did the same thing, nearly burnt a whole lot of people out of house and home, then said he had to stick around to help them, they NEEDED him in the apt building. What... a.. CRAZY!.. A. God has blessed me by taking him out of my life!
Old 12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kia

yep snap 1ast week he 1eft cooker when i was in bed passed out on pretext of hugging me and when i had a go next day he said ive said sorry what more u want ermmm to not die in my bed i had a co1d that night and was 1ucky something to1d me to get up and check cos wou1dnt have sme1t it and had taken pain ki11ers so maybe wou1dnt have woken up scarey stuff espica11y as he doesnt comprehend how c1ose we came to dying i mean he doesnt care cos hes depressed but i do prefer to 1ive thank u very much xxkia