Ann

Old 09-19-2003, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
a work in progress

Smile Ann

I wanted to thank you again for brightening my day with your PM last week.
I was really down in the dumps, my AH, who I'm separated from has been shorting me on support payments, missing some altogether and bouncing the one in August which left me behind on everything, including rent. Thankfully I have a very understanding landlord who was more then willing to wait until I could pay him.
We had a separation agreement in place, signed and notarized, but unfortunately not filed in court, which Maintenance Enforcement told me was the reason they couldn't do anything about it. So I've had to go to legal aid and apply with them for what they call "non resident status" aid because I'm in Ontario, my AH is in Alberta and I have to hire a lawyer there to take this to court. There's enough for a big headache.
To top it all off my 2 oldest had just spent 6 weeks with their Dad and had a blast with him, he spent money like it was going out of style(I guess thats why he didn't pay support all summer). There was swimming every day, camping in Drumheller, horseback riding (my daughter is horse crazy), golfing, go-carts, movies 3 or 4 times a week. Needless to say they weren't happy when they came back, mom has no money or car to take them to do anything. That lead into a big arguement and I was informed they were moving back to alberta with their dad.
I called up my AH to ask him what this was all about and he told me that the kids were miserable with me so he'd made plans with them over the summer to the effect that he'd hire a Nanny and they would move back... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR He takes absolutely no responsibility for why they're miserable, not only did he get both vehicles, but I'm paying off the debts he put on my credit card, PLUS he's $3000 behind in support.
Ok, I know there's no way a judge will let him have the kids so a Nanny can raise them, I'm really not worried about that. It's the attitude that it gave my kids "I don't have to do anything you say because I'm moving to Dad's" That's really putting a strain on an already stressfull situation.
I'm working one day at a time to get this sorted out, finally got all the papers from alberta that legal aid needed to process my application, now I'm waiting to hear back.
Ann noticed I'd been on the boards, but not talking so she PM'd me to see how I was doing. She got a shorter version of the story and gave me some much needed encouragement. (Jon... she really does deserve the t-shirt and mug )
Now here comes the After hearing from Ann and being reminded to turn it over to my HP, I did. I quit making it my BIG issue all day long, not that it isn't, but I can only do so much about it. Now I have to sit tight and wait.
I completely forgot about the mess I have with Child Tax Benefits, I hadn't recieved any for years because my AH makes a heafty income. I just started getting checks in July and noticed that my youngest daughter wasn't included... turns out I hadn't filed when she was born... OOPS. I called the head office and asked them what to do about it and was told to file her now and they would reassess my claim. I did that in August and put it to the back of my mind, knowing I'd have a little extra coming in for september. Well they finally got it sorted out and yesterday I got a check in the mail... I'm still in shock.....not only did they reimburse me for the amount I should have got for july and august... but they reimbursed me for the year I've been separated, for all 3 kids. I am holding in my hand... because I'm afraid to cash it... just in case they tell me they goofed... a check for a little over $7000.00 *faints again for the 12th time* WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO momma's getting a mini van!!!!!!
I just had to share this with you all and especially with Ann for reminding that I have support here with you all. Thank you so much for your prayers and your words of support. I feel like I just had my very own little miracle. I have faith now and hope that things will continue to work out if I remember to let go and let God.
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I love you all
Mysty
Old 09-19-2003, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ahh Misty, you have me in tears here and laughing too because I'm so happy for you!!!!

How wonderful that the money came through like that for you!!! God sends us miracles in the strangest wrapping sometimes and He never fails to provide for our needs. Just keep hanging on to Him and you'll never be alone.

Get your legal papers in order, and then just keep looking after yourself and don't depend on support, but bonus if/when it comes.

I am so happy that you and your children are together and safe. They will understand soon enough the difference between money and love. The love they get from you is worth more than anything money can buy.

Again, I am dancing up and down because I am so happy for your miracle. You deserve it!!!

P.S. Go ahead and cash that cheque - I'm an accountant (LOL really I am), and that would be about right for 3 children over that period of time.

Hugs and Car Keys
Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mysty and Ann

Hi Mysty,

I've also been thinking about you and wondering where you have been. Happy to hear your news on the support money! I'm a firm believer that money doesn't buy happiness, but it sure does reduce stress!!!

I'm glad you posted. I always learned a lot from your posts and greatly appreciated your insight and feedback on my pleas for support.

Ann.....I always look forward to your cat avatars!!! They crack me up! I think this one is my favorite. I can't tell you how many times I've been on here feeling hopeless, purusing and reading for inspiration and your cat pictures always make me laugh out loud. Then I'm 100% better. (and I'm not really a cat person) Just goes to show....laughter is the best medicine.

Take care.....both of you. It's great to hear from you, Mysty.

S
Old 09-19-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you don't have a cat, get one Sarah. They are guaranteed to light up your life, they love us unconditionally and never sass back.

Mysty, maybe you could get one too, for the kiddies, and name him Codie after us LOL.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
a work in progress

LOL Ann
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't say that, my kids have been pestering me for a cat and to tell the truth I miss not having one. I had to plead with my landlord to accept my dog, it's a "NO pets" place.... but then again he lives in Scarborough... so maybe I could hide one? lol
((((((((((((((((((((((((Sarah))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))) It's so good to see you and thank you for your kind words. Ann's cats crack me up too, I'm definately a cat person... don't know how I ended up with a dog, but they're just as loyal too lol Maybe it's because she's a small dog and learned to meow... she knows how to suck up to mom LOL
Laughter is definately the best medicine, the weather usually has me down on a day like this, but I'm feeling wonderful today! Thanks to my SR family
Old 09-19-2003, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mysty

It's pouring rain here too, but just a nice cozy "stay inside" kind of day. I'm praying for those on the east USA who have been hit with the hurricane and it makes me grateful to be dry and safe.

Have a great day (an go to a shelter and get a kitty hee hee).

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
a work in progress

I'm praying for all the people in the path of Isabel. Things like that sure put the world into perspective in a hurry. My boyfriend lives in PA and got a taste of it lastnight, what we're getting now is a gentle breeze compared to yesterday's blast. I'm staying in today and being thankfull that I'm warm and dry too.

P.S. Ann.... is there somewhere else besides a shelter to get a cat that I don't know about? lol My last two dogs came from a shelter, Mickey passed away 3 years ago, Taffy is still with us, she's enjoying her middle age and all the tastey presents a toddler leaves behind lol

HUGS
Mysty
Old 09-19-2003, 10:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mysty

Look in the newspaper - there are often "free to a good home" ads. Or pet stores often get too many kittens at once and sell them cheap, and often these kittens have had their shots.

I was a a local pet store this week picking up a new tag for Toby with our new phone number (we're moving Oct, 1st), and they had the most adorable little orange tabbies, just like Toby and I was sooooo tempted to bring them all home. And I know they have had their shots because this is a particularly good pet store and they use the same vet as I do and I have been there when they bring the kitties in.

I do LOVE cats!!! Can you tell?? LOL

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 10:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

OMG!!! I just love to hear about miracles like that happening!!!

I had tears in my eyes.....Mysty....I can't imagine the feeling that must have gone through you when you opened that envelope and saw that check.....I get butterflies just thinking about it.

Hope the cat works out for you!
Blessings,
Constant
Old 09-19-2003, 10:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
a work in progress

STOP!!! FREEZE!!!! WHO SAID YOU COULD MOVE??? lol ok.... sorry.... *slams a lid on her codie reflex jack-in-the-box* I know... I know... your not going to leave us..... right?

I was being silly with the reference to where else to get a cat. I've been in a local pet store here that works with our shelter, they provide extra spaces for the rescued animals in their store and usually have a small write up about the animal, shots, vet concerns etc. and the story about how the animal came to the shelter. I wanted soooooooo bad to bring the last cat home with me. I'm a sucker for kittens too, but I've always had a soft spot for the older animals that grew out of their "baby cuteness" and get dumped in shelters and there's A LOT of them, I used to volunteer at a shelter in Alberta. I guess that's how Mickey and Taffy ended up with me... death row inmates, both older dogs when I brought them home and very timid. Now part of the family and quite secure about it. The changes in Mickey were the most profound, I know he was happy the last years of his life. I guess it's just something that gives me joy, knowing that I made a better life for one of God's creatures.
I think I've talked myself into getting a cat.... ut oh... was that my landlord? Quick... hide the cat toys... lol If he/she doesn't have a name yet... you can bet it's going to be Codie
Hugs
Mysty
Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mysty

I am moving up near the Bruce Penninsula to a smaller town and getting ready to semi-retire (which means working less than 80 hours per week LOL). Hubby can work less too and we can relax and enjoy life a little more. So I'm still not too far from you.

And don't worry, the first thing I did was arrange my computer connection.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
a work in progress

Constant... thank you, I'm still in shock... which is a good thing.. cause today's mailbox trip was a denial from legal aid... grrrrrrrrr
Thank you Devine Providence for sending the cheque first!! lol
Here's a good laugh.... I was on my way downtown to get some candles and things incase the storm did some real damage here.... lost power a couple hours ago.. so glad I did. I'd just gone out the back door with daughter in stroller and son in tow, double checked my mailbox on the way around the house, no mail earlier in the morning. I saw the brown envelope in the pile I pulled out as I was walking back down the steps. Quickly pulled it out of the rest of the regular stuff and opened it up. I looked at the amount and blinked... probably 4 or 5 times.... then I double checked that it was adressed to me.... probably another 4 or 5 times lol Then I shook my head and said... nah.... it's got to be a mistake so I opened it all the way up and read thru all the calculations and back pay and stuff..... right about then my 11 year old looked down at me and asked me why I was sitting on the ground LOL YES I really was sitting on the ground and didn't even realize I had done it!! LOL
Now I have Mr. Car Expert (my son) telling me the advantages to the cars he would pick to spend it on and listing why I should buy them. LOL.... I hope he's happy with a mini van... cause I'm sorry.... it's a lot of money... but I can't buy a corvette to drive him to school in.
Hugs
Mysty
Old 09-19-2003, 11:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
a work in progress

Ann *phew* ok... as long as you aren't too far away... but ya know.... I live in cottage country over here to the east of you....it's very peacefull and relaxing, a good place to retire to *hint hint* LOL
I know the Bruce Penninsula area too, it's very beautiful, not quite the same as the rolling hills of Northumberland, but it's slower paced then living in the city. I hope you and hubby enjoy.... 80 hrs/week.... yuck! Time for some country living... go out and play in the dirt.... I hope you have room for an even bigger garden next year... cause I'm going to give you some gardening homework to keep you out of the city!! LOL
Hugs
Mysty