Ship Jumpers Swimming To Shore

Old 12-16-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ship Jumpers Swimming To Shore

I'm starting this thread for everyone who is saving themselves, jumping ship (the ship of doom, false-hope, chaos, and suffering), and swimming to shore (the shore of peace, emotional health, and recovery).

This morning I explained to my xabf that I had to evacuate his life to save my own. This is day one.

Tonight, for me, I'm going to my work Christmas party. I'm going to wear my red dress, enjoy my dinner and the company of my wonderful coworkers. When I come home, I'm going to relax and NOT pick up the phone.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you! It finally came down to me/the kids or him -- and I chose me and our kids.

Keep on swimming!
Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can I join if I jumped the broken promises ship that was steered by my mom?
It's been about 2 weeks and although we're still strained I feel calmer and at peace with my decision.

Tonight I'm going to go to my group, spend my money on my kids favourite dinner, go home to a quiet night and not check my e-mail from her until I'm safe at work tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! All ship jumpers are welcome (especially ones jumping from the Ship of Broken Promises).

Why is work email safer? (Just curious)
Old 12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keep pedaling, good for you!!! I admire your strength. And have a fabulous time tonight!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going to wear my red dress, enjoy my dinner and the company of my wonderful coworkers. When I come home, I'm going to relax and NOT pick up the phone.

Now that sounds like a plan!

Enjoy your peace and freedom!

-b.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KeepPedaling View Post
Yes! All ship jumpers are welcome (especially ones jumping from the Ship of Broken Promises).

Why is work email safer? (Just curious)
Because if I check at home when I am alone and I get mad I'm afraid for my recovery. I like to drown my anger. Well I don't LIKE to. I just have in my past.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Soberinwpg - gotcha.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a great time tonight. Dinner was good. Got a few compliments on the dress. Had really funny people at my table. We talked and ate and time flew by!

Now I'm home. I lit up my Christmas tree, and I'm sipping tea and watching LOST.

Tomorrow is day two. "Just keep swimming" right? Swimming, swimming....
Old 12-17-2009, 02:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello and greetings KeepPedaling and other members of the get away ship of false hope. This is K your official greeter. There IS life here, calmness, tranquility and peace are major daily events. I've been here for over a year when I jumped my ship and began my voyage. Come on over the journey is worth it.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Seeking Serenity

Yes KP...keep swimming. Each day gets a little easier. Someone told me recently that there will come a time when I wouldn't remember even being married to my stbxah. After so many years married (going on 32) I couldn't imagine not remembering.

I was recently cleaning out my voice mail and ran across a message from my husband...yelling at me on the voice mail and cursing at me. I can not tell you how the shock of listening to him ran through my system. Every muscle in my body tensed and the pain between my shoulder blades (that I haven't had since I moved out) came right back. Little things like this are my affirmation that I've done the right thing by leaving.

As Kingston stated above...the journey is so worth it:-)
Old 12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

KP...I was just imagining you, hot mama, with your sexy red dress, having a great time at your Christmas party. Awesome

Here's what your thread reminded me of this morning:

Just keep swimming....

Stella...I agree with you wholeheartedly...I remember hearing this tidbit of conversation somewhere:
"How can you leave? Don't you love me?"
"I love me more"
Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good for you for making the night a good one. Keep swimming!

I'm in the totally exhausting part of the swim. I do see shore and I have every intention of swimming that direction, and not back to the sinking ship.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Hey my fellow ship jumpers!!

Have been on this wonderful island of Serenity, Joy, Peace and Safety - living Happy, Joyous and PINKFULLY FREE for over a year now and TRUST ME - PINK ACRES is wonderful!!!

Come on Dorie, Swim, backstroke, butterfly or dog paddle - but DON'T give up - It is so worth it -

YOU DESERVE IT

We all DESERVE IT

If you have read any of my old post - you know my "swim" wasn't an easy one but it was well worth it to leave that spiraling downward sinking unhealthy destructive ship (marriage) I called home for over 16 yrs.

Swim to the glow of freedom

HUGS,
Rita
Old 12-17-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
"The cure for anything is salt water, sweat, tears, or the sea." ~ Isak Dinesen

“Follow the river and you will find the sea.” ~ French Proverb
Old 12-17-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sassy

hey im jumping ship too im so tired of getting hurt and leaving my xabf house crying. Then the next day him tell me he didnt do or say anything wrong he was as good to me as he could be, that i was being a bitch.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am a day late but I can feel the water!!
Old 12-17-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I jumped ship two years ago. I can tell you all that the water wasn't that deep!

I survived!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Kingston & Myawakening & ISurvived - I can't wait to get there
Noday - The cartoon is awesome! I love Dorie!
Bucyn - Sounds like you're on your way. How long have you been away from him?
Thumper - What is the exhausting part? Is he harassing you? Are you weakening?
Rita - Thanks for jumping in; the more company I have, the stronger I feel.
Chrisea - Perfect quotes! Those are going on my fridge too - right where his picture used to be.
Sassyslife - Please keep checking in here!
Jackrussellgirl - wooohoooooo!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

What I did for me: Had a good day at work, went to the gym after work, made plans with a friend for Saturday and connected with another friend who I haven't talked to in awhile (I neglected a lot of my friends while dating my xabf).

Challenges: He texted me that he hates himself for hurting me and is sorry for ruining the holidays. He said he was sorry for drinking. I want to text him back and tell him not to hate himself, to just get better. But I don't even know if he's texting drunk or sober. Since I got his text (about an hour ago), I've been missing the sober him a lot and feel a little down. I'm going to make some tea and see if I can get into a TV show and fold my clothes. Ya..I'm missing him. Still super sad.