does your A live in a parallel reality?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Originally Posted by Bucyn View Post
Somewhere there is this entitlement that it is another person's responsibility to take care of them.
I got really tired of telling STBXAH that I wasn't his mother. Still didn't stop him from feeling that I was only there to see to his needs. I often wonder how much gender roles played into this. He was all for feminisim if it meant I went out and worked but not if it meant he had to pull his own weight around the house etc.

Know what? This isn't my problem any more and it feels so liberating!
Old 12-10-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

This is something a lot of A's have I think, the very strong desire to have someone else take care of them. ...............Somewhere there is this entitlement that it is another person's responsibility to take care of them.

They want so badly to be mommied and relieved of any responsibility for their own lives and actions that it just twists their brains.
Yes, this is my husband. It is exhausting, infuriating, sad, and comical all at the same time.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

This is something a lot of A's have I think, the very strong desire to have someone else take care of them. And if you won't do it, they are going to force you to do it, and you will go to jail or whatever if you don't. So many have that fantasy. Somewhere there is this entitlement that it is another person's responsibility to take care of them.

My first AH made $80K a year and I was a stay at home mom of 3 preschoolers. He forced me onto food stamps. But still wanted a judge to force me to give him money, to suspend child support and to throw me (and the babies) out of the house my mother owned, so he'd have a place to live.

My second AH brings home 25% more than me, got hiimself removed from the house for abuse, and claims he has the need and I have the ability to pay him temporary spousal support and all his legal fees. He also wants me and my kids to be made homeless.

They want so badly to be mommied and relieved of any responsibility for their own lives and actions that it just twists their brains.
Wow, so familiar. It's ...amazing.

And I can't afford an attorney :/