Heard A Story About Me

Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Heard A Story About Me

Thought I would share a little something I heard about myself last night.

Ran into an old aquaintence of mine and pal of my ex. I said "hi" and asked about his family.

He was stunned to see me and told me that he heard I moved across the country. Smiling, I said "nope, I live here." My dearest exA told folks a while ago that I left him and moved across the country as I wanted a career and no family. I was a cold uncaring person leaving him alone, therefore he went to OW.

Well, dearest exA and I have been in no contact for a little over a year and all I can say is that I now find the lies funny.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

dearest exA and I have been in no contact for a little over a year and all I can say is that I now find the lies funny.
:you know someone started a "bucket list" on here? I should have put as my top one "I want to not care what other people think" I struggle so much with this, I dearly hope to be where you are this time next year
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol! I've been no contact for 10 months and look back and laugh at all the lies : )
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And they believe their own lies.....they lie......they know you know they are lying.......their minds are actually fried!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I now see why he was so angry that I moved back to our town following school. Lying catches up to people. Oh well.

Jen,

My name has been dragged through the mud so many times since being with the exA. He inherited money and I got crap for being with him for the wrong reasons (I was the one that wanted to take our relationship slowly mind you), and after our relationship ended (unknownst to me), I got crap for not being with him. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

You get used to people saying things and begin to build a thick skin. I too was bothered enormously by the unkind words of others. Now I just see it as weakness and misguided notions on their part.

I too have said ugly things about people, but not anymore. My venom is reserved for child abusers, murderers, sickos and maybe the ex and OW.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Hey Miss,

Glad to hear from you. You, NYC chick, we are more or less the same "No contact generation" and I am glad we are making it through the first year.

My bf's uncle and aunt speak trash about him all the time. Why? because

he wants to go to the gym
he studies a career in unversity
he pays for it
because he stays with his girlfriend sometimes
because he likes Soy Protein

I am not making this up.
Whatever.

I assume their lives should be very sad an empty to pass the time putting down others...

Good for you for living your great life!! I guess many think being women we are "weak" and change our lives to avoid our ex's... and its fun when... nope.. you are still there doing your own thing... and you don't care anymore (for real not because you are rolling with someone else or drinking)