Lapse in Judgement

Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lapse in Judgement

Just wanted to share something I did yesterday and I'm now regretting.

After 12 days no contact with XABF I was feeling that familiar urge to call. I immediately came here and read other peoples threads (it always helps me as I can relate to almost all of them) but apparently that wasn't enough for me to realize what a mistake it would be so I called my sister because she is always the voice of reason and she was busy and asked if she could call me back.

So I did it, got his voicemail and left a message saying give me a call, there are some things I want to speak to you about!

Literally 10 seconds after hanging up my sister calls and starts talking me down from the insanity. Much like everybody here she asks what I want out of it, reminds me of how long I've wanted to end this relationship. Also says its my choice and if I need to "see it again", she understands that to.

I didn't tell her I had already left the message, but as soon as I got off the phone with her, the feeling had passed and I started feeling angry again.

He hasn't returned the call, which is good because it fuels the anger but now I want to be prepared if he does call and asks what I wanted, to have something to say. Prescripted if you will so i don't fall into a trap!

Any suggestions, there are still a few of his things here so I could say I want him to have somebody pick them up. I just do not want to have a conversation that will lead to more arguing. I really set myself up!

So mad, I was so proud to be on day 12! Now that I'm lucid again I realize I don't want to speak to him, theres truly nothing left to say!

I need some tough love, bring it on!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Don't sweat it too much, just don't answer the phone if it's him and you're not ready to talk.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

two oops, does not make a whoopsie!
You don't need to ever answer a call from him.
You can change your mind about wanting to speak to him and steer accordingly.