hurts so badly!

Old 11-29-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Absorbing all the words shared and the understanding.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I feel for you. I have seen the A in my life devastate his mother. Her heart has been broken a thousand ways.

My A, who is my sons father, lived on the streets, or with whoever would buy him drinks. He only stopped it when he couldn't bear it anymore. Up until then, he was just floating. My resources became exhausted, as did his mothers. He then used friends, when they dried up he found new friends. He did not go into a program, but did finally pull it together enough to live in a decent place.

I had to disconnect. I had to change all the bank PINs. You may have to cut him off for him to feel the impact. His bottom is his to hit. I am sorry that you are going through this.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((Seacup)) Welcome. I am sorry for your pain....

My story is much the same as everyone elses so I will be brief...
Eight years on the roller coaster ride brought me to "my" bottom...yes, she lived on the streets and so much more..

Al-Anon was a huge help to me.Turning her over to her Higher Power allowed me to sleep at night.

The turning point was learning how to get out of her way and letting her fall.....detaching with love...

Some time after that she went to AA, hated it, but it was the beginning of her journey forward...

Eleven years later, She is 26, 5 months sober and beginning her steps and has been secretary at her home group for the last three months and our relationship is one of honesty again...

There is always hope..

Seacup, I think you are doing all the right things, and as you can see there is much support from those who have walked and who are walking your path...I am glad you are here

Hugs and prayers for you and your son, Seacup