Mil

Old 11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mil

Someone mentioned on another thread that they wondered if alkie husbands all had mom issues. I know in my case this is a resounding YES.

I have had issues with her since the day we got married, and probably before then. I just don't remember the before, since I was blinded by love and in a coma for 20 years.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep, my exAH had mommy issues, too. She was a bona fide b*tch and he could never stand up to her. Oh, she was (and still is @ 75) a horrible person.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Only stepping forward

I never knew xabf's mother but listening to him talk over the years he was without a momma's boy. She was his whole world and from what I hear from the family he was hers.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

My MIL was absolutely wonderful - I love her dearly. Far as I know there was no Mommy issues except in his own head.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

But she's clingy, needy, deeply dishonest and manipulative, and desperately insecure. It makes her nasty, hateful, punitive, rejecting...and she covers it all up with lots of crying and timidity and ditsyness (I don't know what I did, I just luuuuvvv everybody, I am only trying to heeeeeeelp).
Oh my, Bucyn, does your MIL have a twin? I have the same situation. Not once in 20 years did I come first, she did. Her feelings, her needs, her words.

He talked to her last friday about his faults, things he had done, and why I feel the way I do about her and the situation. I saw her saturday and she glared at me and walked away. Once again he is perfect and good, and right as always. And love is so blind.

I am sure it is because I am hurting her son, and she is just not ok with that. He recommended to her that she go to Al-Anon, to a meeting time that I agreed not to go to. She hasn't gone, and pr'y won't.

She did, however, send me a Facebook invitation to join the peace, love and respect group. That will solve everything! I blocked her from seeing anything on my page, or posting anything at all. Considering deleting her altogether.

I have a million stories, too. Will try to post some thru out the day.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

mine claims his mother sexually abused him and from the sounds of things she did a lot of throwing high heels around at him etc., when angry. Then he acted out against her and alternates between guilting he into sending him money and telling her what a bad mother she is and how she's abandoning him. I'm starting to feel like I'm her..
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I initially thought I'd HATE my MIL because XAH depicted her as being a valium-addicted career-driven award-winning neurologist, but turns out she is a funny, loving, thoughtful nurse, who was quite confused to find out the lies her son had been telling about her. Also, she and I are very much alike, and we have over the years developed a friendship. She has stated time and time again that had we met under different circumstances we'd be best friends. Finally, she's also the woman who told me to "get out and save myself"...