Off_topic:_please_send_good_vibes_to_my_cat_Dolce

Old 11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Off_topic:_please_send_good_vibes_to_my_cat_Dolce

I got her spayed a week and a half ago.
In the most expensive place I found.

She started showing some strange signs, I took her to the vet again, he said she had an infection and injected antibiotics.

A few days passed and she was more and more depressed, seldom drank water, no food at all. I realized she had fever, too. I got worried and took her to the vet again tonight.

She is spending the night on the hospital. When I carried her she was so light, she has lost a lot of weight in a few days. And when I was trying to put her on the x ray platform she clang to me and did not want to let go. At least bf was there for moral support.

Hopefully it is just an infection. The vet said they would have blood test results tomorrow at 4 pm. But he also said he was worried and it may be other diseases, which treatment is very painful.

I am crying and hugging my other cat Gabanna. Please send Dolce good vibes. She has been the best cat ever. She helped me get out of my depression. She helps me everyday with that. When I carry her she always clings to me in the best hug ever. She is nice to Gabanna. Coming back from the operation she seldom complained. I miss her and I, pessimistic as I am am imagining if its something serious.

If things don't go well for her I already decided I would adopt one of Gabanna's siblings in her honor.

I feel guilty as she went to the operation without all the vaccines. Only two, the triple feline. A vet I asked and in the hospital, they told me those two sufficed. The vet I saw today told me that I should have waited. I feel guilty but how would I have known?

Please send her good vibes so she remembers I love her and gets well soon.
Thanks!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((TC & Dolce))))

My thoughts are with you and your kitty girl!

Love,

Lenina
Old 11-24-2009, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((TC & Dolce))

Sending you and Dolce big hugs and prayers. Please don't feel guilty, sweetie, you were told it was okay to have her spayed.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-25-2009, 01:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Hugs to you and Dolce. Don't feel guilty - you're not a vet and you did follow a vet's advice! Fingers crossed it is 'just' an infection.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hugs to you and Dolce, TC, along with a prayer for your peace of mind.

God bless
Old 11-25-2009, 04:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Hugs and prayers for you both
Old 11-25-2009, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

massive hugs from Me and my Pal Stash ( cat) .. you couldnt of known this was going to happen its not your fault , thought of full recovery for your feline pal ~ Endzy~
Old 11-25-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Marvin and I are sending Dolce and you hugs and prayers.

You followed the vet's advice. I would have done the exact same thing.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

I came back from the vet. He said for a cat, white globules normally are 16k or below.

Dolce had 80k.

She is in liquid therapy and they will run another test tomorrow to see how she reacts to the medicines. Please keep the good vibes coming. She was perfectly healthy before this and she is young. I hope she bounces back from bad times like her owner!!!

The vet said if she does not react then there is not much hope.
She is in God's hands...
Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Many prayers for Dolce! I love kitty's.... she is strong, just like mother! Hugs to you both.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My furbabies and I are wishing her all the best care and fastest recovery we can!

I'm so sorry she's not well.

Alice
Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Me and my dog (also named Dolce) and my 2 cats, Saammy and Angel are sending prayers up for your little Dolce's healing.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((TC)) - I've been checking this thread, all day, for an update.

Me, Elvis, Mots, and Patches (my cats) are all sending good vibes, hugs, and prayers. I know nothing about white globules, but am praying the treatment works.

Please remember, none of this is your fault, okay? If it IS time to her go, it just means God has a special need for her right now, though I a praying like crazy that this is not the case.

It makes me realize, just how special SR is, that even our furbabies our part of our families.

I'm also sending special kitty hugs to Gabanna, as I'm sure she is confused as to where her buddy is.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-25-2009, 11:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Thanks a lot everyone, your good vibes mean a lot ((hugs))

Tomorrow at 5PM I will know if she responded well to the treatment... thanks a lot for your words Impurrfect, they were very healing. Yes our pets are also part of our SR family!! they are better than many humans I know. No offense... to the pets!!

PS I've been trying to send my mobile's pics to my laptop for centuries, and I'm a computer systems engineer LOL someday I will nail it...

PPS Dolceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee please... get well
Old 11-25-2009, 11:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((((HUGS))))) i know I can't live without my animals!!! Hope all goes well
Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Me and my beagle/spaniel are sending big hugs to you and Dolce......our pets are so special to us and part of our families.

Love and puppy hugs coming your way.....
Old 11-26-2009, 06:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Me, Lily, Sakura and Achilles (my fur babies) are all crossing fingers, toes, paws and all other crossable appendages for Dolce.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Prayers being sent out from my household! As for the vaccines, those wouldn't affect the outcome of surgery or any potential infection, my dear. I worked for my vet for several years.

:ghug2
Old 11-26-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

My doggies; Huck and Dakota, and kitty; Oliver and I are all praying for Dolce and her Mommy! I know what it is to have a beloved baby get us through tough times! Doesn't it give you warm, fuzzy, things-are-gonna-turn-out-alright feelings that so many people on SR are lifting you and Dolce up for healing? Same thing's been getting me through all my stuff. **********{DOLCE}}}}}}
Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

DOLCE IS GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!!

I almost kissed the veterinarian !!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember she had 80k thousand of white globules... well she is down to 40!!!!!!!!! tomorrow if she is less than 20 (or some number.. I dont remember well) I will be able to bring her home to continue treatment here.... surrounded by love!!

I am so grateful, thanks for the good vibes! I'm sure Dolce received them!!!!

Now if I can only make Gabanna NOT hiss and growl to her..damn... I will need to keep them separated again....... as Dolce is the Alpha cat I guess I need to give her all the space for her to roam freely.. .what I did when I introduced them was to keep one in one room and allow the other to roam.. then switch...

Managing cats and territory is my new job.. lol. Can I trick them with catnip so they love each other??? well even if a thief came, Gabanna would invite him to play, and for her EVERYTHING IS A PILLOW, even Dolce so I hope they remember they were friends soon....

HAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Dolce rules!!!!! yet another lesson the little cat has given me... life is sooooooooo precious and your loved ones can be gone in a flash..better hug and kiss them NOW while we still can.

I cant wait to carry her ...... damn I'm so grateful today!!