I am completely confused!

Old 11-25-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

No, you are definitely not running away. You are not abandoning him or the relationship. He stopped deserving your love, respect, attention as soon as a spoke an ill word to you much less laid a hand on you.
This is not for you to fix..... You have done nothing wrong.

If you have the means to get home...run run run there and surround yourself with the people that love you.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Maggie and (((Hugs)))).

What you are experiencing now is common for someone who has been emotionally and physically abused. Your self-esteem is destroyed and you've lost the ability to trust yourself to make good decisions. You've probably been told for a long time that you are "worthless" and you've come to believe it.

Believe me when I tell you that IF you were to get back together with this man that the abuse would only escalate and next time you might end up in the hospital....or worse. Is this really how you want to live? Is this the life you want for your child?

I would like to suggest along with the others that you go back home to England as soon as you can get there and call the domestic violence hotline. You might also consider getting into DV counseling and/or group therapy. It may take quite awhile to get back to the person you were before all this hapened to you.

NOTHING good will result if you stay with him, although many do in a similar situation. It really is up to you how you want to live your life.

We are definitely here for you and walk beside you every step.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Know what? I was in a similar situation once. Alone in a different country, with an abusive boyfriend, mourning the loss of a pregnancy. It was overwhelming and I didn't know what to do with myself. I didn't start healing until I went home. It wasn't running away. It was going home. There's a big difference.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

Of course you run away from danger, you wouldn't stay and face down a hungry tiger, would you? Run to a family that will love you and support you!