Checking in

Old 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Checking in

Hi Everybody!

Got back from the conference Monday, am trying to recover. I hate flying. It was amazing and I found the woman I want to work for. Am begging her to hire me. Non-profit work is tough, there's really no money, but I can fund raise my position. She is the only person, an attorney, fighting for reproductive rights of women of color affected by the drug war. That Supreme Court ruling in October that it's unconstitutional to shackle women prisoners giving birth was all her doing. She's amazing and I want to be a part of what she's doing.

Which leads me to my all important SR point--I am sooo grateful to be falling back in love with my own life again. Not focusing on AH. Of course, he's falling all over himself wanting to be a part of my life now that I'm emotionally unavailable, but I dont' care.

I was here once, ok maybe four times before. Yes, I slip and go back to that place where I am hurt and angry and wanting him to love me without acknowledging that he's incapable of loving anyone. Choosing to stay in denial.

Mainly I'm grateful for the detachment this trip has given me. Oh, I'm so envious of folks who can walk away from relationships without the chains of shared custody. But this is my path. I can do it. I can detach and still see him on a regulary basis. I am strong and powerful and can do anything, with the possible exception of rerouting the dryer hose...

Hugs, hope everyone is working all their stuff out. Keep the faith!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeehaw! Missed you! Glad your life is looking so awesome.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

About the dryer hose? I am certain if we googled it and started a thread about it, we could get it figured out!Congrats for taking your life back!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trans, I missed you! I'm so glad you had such a fabulous time! Keep staying strong and positive. I know - oh LORDY I know how hard it can be sometimes. I'm with you, girl, in thought and prayer. HUGS!

Tigg
Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, getting away from it all can do wonders!
I love your enthusiasm!
Old 11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like an incredibly experience at the conference. I hope & pray the opportunity you really want comes through for you.

And I'm very thankful your trip has helped you gain even more detachment. Hooray for detachment!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow! You are doing so so well. Good for you! It was a hard road and I am so happy to see your progress! Enjoy every step of your new life :0) Phiz
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Thanks everyone! maintianing the detachment will be challenging, but not if I don't even START down that road of thinking about him, which I did do last night for a minute. But then I turned off my phone and went to bed. Ah, that's better..good nights sleep and ready to tackle the massive housecleaning, unpacking and writing I have to do today.

Hugs!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So happy for you! Seems when you can get away from the daily madness you can think clearer and realize life isn't always this way!