AlAnon and children

Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AlAnon and children

Can I take my kids to a Alanon meeting? Is that ok? Or should i find child care?
I remember going to meeting with my mom as a child...but i was old enough to go outside with the other children and play while our mothers were meeting.
That was 20 years or more ago..what is the norm now?
I have a 1 yo and 5 yo.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I remember some places on our local listing that offered child care. I dont know whether or not they would be allowed in or not though - I bet there is a minimum age
Old 11-17-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I was looking for meetings I found some on Saturday mornings and they provided childcare. When I first started going to AlAnon they gave me a list of all the meetings and then had notations about the meetings (smoking, non-smoking) Childcare provided was also one of them. Is there a main number you can call to find out or a link online to the meetings in your area?
Old 11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I have taken my teen children to an open meeting. Open meetings have a designated guest speaker sharing their story about recovery while living with alcoholism. Everyone is welcome to attend open meetings.

I suggest trying to find childcare for your first meeting. At the meeting you can find out more information about children. Different groups can have different guidelines concerning children.