What are you going to do TODAY?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you going to do TODAY?

I asked RAH the other day what he had done today towards his recovery. Then it occurred to me that I should ask myself the exact same question - what am I doing today towards my recovery?

Today I am contacting an attorney, to find out where I legally stand in this mess.

What are you doing today towards your recovery?
Old 11-05-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ironically I am also contacting an attorney today. Today I am going to take the first step to my permanent recovery and peace of mind.

No more insanity I am going to take care of myself and my kids.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today I am looking around my new life that I chose realising for the first time that I accept it.

IWTHxxx
Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is three weeks since he left. His choice - either alcohol or his family - of course he chose alcohol. Anyways, my plan for today is

Read a couple more chapters of Codependant No More - Fits me to a T
Color the grays out of my hair - to make me feel better
Talk with kids about their dinner with their dad last night - He said he deserves to drink after working so hard all day. Don't we all? and help them if they have questions and to remind them it's not their fault.

Then other stupid stuff to keep my mind busy so I don't fall back a few steps - like take down halloween decorations, wash the kitchen floor which hasn't been done since i don't know when since I was emotionally unable to wash the floor. sick huh?

I think keeping busy is important in my recovery so I know I CAN do things by myself and don't need a alcoholic around to not help anyways.

Oh yeah, to make my kids a dinner that THEY like!! Calzone and pizza.

I hope this is what you meant by your question. This all has to do with my recovery. If I didn't do these things I would be on the couch pretending to be watching TV and over thinking things.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those are awesome things! and totally what I meant.

I noticed today, since I told him not to call or come over, and to pick up our son from school and return him Saturday morning (aka...no reminders of him) that I ate what I was supposed to, stopped when I wasn't hungry, laughed alot, sang to the radio - and generally had a good day.

hmmm...does he cause me a little stress!?!?
Old 11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Today I woke up feeling quite good! Then I had a bit of a cry and got annoyed with AH as he woke me up several times last night to talk about crap when he was drunk! I then decide to make the most of the day for myself!

BUT I have vaccumed and mopped the floor. Tidied the house, done the accounts for my small business, telephoned the benefits people to know what my entitlements will be for my children when I eventually leave (thats a big one for me!! as been wanting to do it for ages!!)...and now I am going to go to the post office and send some parcels, make myself a nice lunch sit down for an hour and relax before making my children a beautiful dinner and I am looking forward to playing the wii fit plus with them after dinner! We try and make it a wii night on a friday!!

I feel like I am doing good things today to assist my recovery! thank you for a great post....its put yet another spring in my step after feeling so sad yesterday! and a bit tearful this morning...but now I am feeling I CAN and I WILL ....Phiz
Old 11-05-2009, 07:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

I worked a lot today, after finally getting a decent job - I want to be sure they're happy with my work.

I called around and got more numbers for attorneys (pro bono or low fee) and am waiting for a call back from one firm.

Working my way through Beyond Codependency, Beatty's 2nd book on codepencency.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I had a great meeting at work today, and afterward my boss called to compliment me on the meeting. Funny how when my life really sucks, my performance at my job kicks butt. Maybe it has something to do with the idea that I really cannot afford to lose this job, and it is my escape - the only thing I can control is my performance...

I went to therapy yesterday and have felt really good since then. Do you think she will let me come everyday?